By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, really, Zelda HD could not be shown at this E3 2014

Zelda HD at E3

So, Hyrule Warriors will be the only Zelda 33 34.02%

So, no Zelda HD for Wii U 16 16.49%

So, TP HD remake for next year 11 11.34%

So, E3... 2015 35 36.08%

Total:95
Pavolink said:
burninmylight said:
Turkish said:
A new console Zelda comes out every 5 years, last one was in 2011, so next will be in 2016. This year is too early to show it I think. If they show it this year, and it comes out holiday 2016, it will be at 3 E3s and old news by the time its E3 2016.

Ocarina - 1998

Majora's Mask - 2000

Wind Waker - 2002/2003

Twilight Princess - 2006

Skyward Sword - 2011

Only one console game of the last five has taken five years, and that was only because it was introducing a brand new control system. Besides, I believe Aonuma said that five years between games is too long and that they are taking measures to speed up the development cycle, but I can't find that specifc quote in any interviews based on just searching by headlines.

It was in an Interview between Iwata and Aonuma. And Iwata was the one who tell that he will preassure Zelda team to develop the next game within the next 3 years. 2014 must have been released. But oh well, Iwata líes.

That's not what he said.

Iwata said he'd like to see each new Zelda to release in three years. He wasn't going to pressure anyone. Obviously, unless it does come this year, which I also don't believe, it didn't work.

Also, to Turkish, I'm too lazy to look it up, but I was fairly certain that Aonuma once said in an Iwata Asks about Skyward Sword that they spent the first two to three years building the engine and a working control scheme. Don't know for sure exactly though...

Around the Network

How does Famitsu even come up with that percentage? I'd say Aonuma knows better than them what's going on anyway.

If I see another thread like this one........

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Well, I half-expect it not to be shown. Also, obviously Nintendo's claim that it was ready to be shown @ E3 2013 was utter nonsense.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

When it comes to Zelda, I trust Famitsu over Aonuma.

Around the Network

I'm assuming at least a one minute trailer, "coming soon", no subtitle.

Nintendo will show Zelda at E3, I really don't know why Famitsu is saying otherwise when Nintendo themselves have said it would be there.

E3 2014 is Nintendos last chance to really bring the Wii U back to life. The hype around Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros is strong enough to make the console a marginal success (20+ million consoles) on their own but if Nintendo wants to get the system rolling and have it become a real success then they are going to need some bombshells that can directly compete with Xbox and Sony on the biggest stage of them all. Not doing the big press conference last year was possibly the biggest mistake Nintendo has made in the last few years. Normally it was like watching a three-way fight between Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, but in 2013 Nintendo didn't even show up. That has to change this year, and if they want to actually win the fight they need to drop a badass Zelda title.

Will the coming Zelda U game (whenever it is released) be the same game as the one in which they said (shortly after the Wi u launch) was the biggest (development team I think) and most expensive Nintendo game ever? Will it still be "the big one" for the Wi U or will they hedge their bets and make a more modest Zelda game, saving the "big one" for their next console (whenever it might be)?

They will have to announce it at E3. They cant afford not to. Sony and Microsoft are gonna come out guns blazing.

I don't know what Famitsu's deal is, but the article about showing at "this year's" E3 was for 2013's E3. It's no surprise it didn't show up then, with WWHD still working it's way out and preferring not to be eclipsed.

If I had to guess a reason why Nintendo might not show the game at this year's E3, it would probably be similarly to try not to eclipse anything else near on the radar. Hyrule Warriors does make it unclear just how strongly the new Zelda will make its presence, but I think at the very least, we're in for something showy.