By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, really, Zelda HD could not be shown at this E3 2014

Zelda HD at E3

So, Hyrule Warriors will be the only Zelda 33 34.02%

So, no Zelda HD for Wii U 16 16.49%

So, TP HD remake for next year 11 11.34%

So, E3... 2015 35 36.08%

Total:95
Pavolink said:
40% seems low. They must know something.

I don't see why it means they know anything more than the rest of us - that there's already a known Zelda title on the way, and otherwise we'd probably say that there's a 50/50 chance of it showing up at E3. So it would be 50%, but it's a bit lower because of Hyrule Warriors.

That being said, I think we can be pretty much 100% certain that it'll get teased, at least, at E3. We might not see anything substantial, but I could certainly see something akin to this image:

Around the Network

Zelda WiiU will be present at E3, that's for sure.

The only unknown is if it will be in form of a teaser or a fully fledged trailer.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Zelda U was ready to be shown at last year's E3 and Nintendo almost revealed it at last year's Comic Con. Yeah,

"Master, I sense a 97,4% probability that this Famitsu article is bullshit"

Turkish said:
A new console Zelda comes out every 5 years, last one was in 2011, so next will be in 2016. This year is too early to show it I think. If they show it this year, and it comes out holiday 2016, it will be at 3 E3s and old news by the time its E3 2016.

Ocarina - 1998

Majora's Mask - 2000

Wind Waker - 2002/2003

Twilight Princess - 2006

Skyward Sword - 2011

Only one console game of the last five has taken five years, and that was only because it was introducing a brand new control system. Besides, I believe Aonuma said that five years between games is too long and that they are taking measures to speed up the development cycle, but I can't find that specifc quote in any interviews based on just searching by headlines.

burninmylight said:
Turkish said:
A new console Zelda comes out every 5 years, last one was in 2011, so next will be in 2016. This year is too early to show it I think. If they show it this year, and it comes out holiday 2016, it will be at 3 E3s and old news by the time its E3 2016.

Ocarina - 1998

Majora's Mask - 2000

Wind Waker - 2002/2003

Twilight Princess - 2006

Skyward Sword - 2011

Only one console game of the last five has taken five years, and that was only because it was introducing a brand new control system. Besides, I believe Aonuma said that five years between games is too long and that they are taking measures to speed up the development cycle, but I can't find that specifc quote in any interviews based on just searching by headlines.

It didnt take that long because of the motion controls. Control scheme is not even like 1 percent of development I reckon. And they really should've left it out. Besides, WiiU games take longer to come out, look at all the delayed Nintendo games and the software droughts.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Pavolink said:
40% seems low. They must know something.

I don't see why it means they know anything more than the rest of us - that there's already a known Zelda title on the way, and otherwise we'd probably say that there's a 50/50 chance of it showing up at E3. So it would be 50%, but it's a bit lower because of Hyrule Warriors.

That being said, I think we can be pretty much 100% certain that it'll get teased, at least, at E3. We might not see anything substantial, but I could certainly see something akin to this image:

Honestly I can believe this. Maybe whatever they wanted to show was a piece of artwork.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

KHlover said:
Zelda U was ready to be shown at last year's E3 and Nintendo almost revealed it at last year's Comic Con. Yeah,

"Master, I sense a 97,4% probability that this Famitsu article is bullshit"

The only bullshit here is Aonuma and his líes. Nintendo is never going to announce a new homeconsole zelda in a minor event. Why would I say "Hey guys, I wanted to show it to you since 1990 but let's wait a little more!" It's clear that don't have anything substantial to show.

burninmylight said:
Turkish said:

Ocarina - 1998

Majora's Mask - 2000

Wind Waker - 2002/2003

Twilight Princess - 2006

Skyward Sword - 2011

It was in an Interview between Iwata and Aonuma. And Iwata was the one who tell that he will preassure Zelda team to develop the next game within the next 3 years. 2014 must have been released. But oh well, Iwata líes.

JEMC said:
Zelda WiiU will be present at E3, that's for sure.

The only unknown is if it will be in form of a teaser or a fully fledged trailer.

Teaser most likely. I hope they make something right for the first time since the Wii U era and release this holiday season.

ninetailschris said:
I'm starting to hope mods can put a limit on how many ways one can create the same thread.

This have something new: Famitsu. Please read the OP before commenting.