By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why are there so many Xbox One price cuts? Xbox One sales are bad.

Xbox One is performing in UK/US (right now)

Great 18 5.07%

Good 51 14.37%

Decent 115 32.39%

Bad 91 25.63%

Depressing 55 15.49%

See results 24 6.76%

Total:354
VitroBahllee said:
What bugs me are Wii U apologists who are trying to pretend the Xbox One is doing as badly as the Wii U. I have both, but I can tell the difference between 14,000 and 66,000.

I read the thread and comments and see no such comment in this thread. 

Around the Network
mutantclown said:

Price cuts in the first 4 months after release can only mean the console is not gonna last long. I predict is going to be cut off by 2017, with a total abandoment of 1st party support starting late 2016.

I'm thinking it would be an exaggeration to do that. Xbox One is not doing THAT bad.

If they even dare to do that, the little trust they have fought to get back after last year's blunder will be lost.

You are right on something though. It's way too early to cut prices on the console.

Uabit said:
I sold mine yesterday, buying ps4 today. XOne and Wii U Doomed, not for how good sony is doing but for how wrong Nintendo and Microsoft played their cards :S

LOL the X1 is long way off from being doomed its still off to a better start then the 360 which released in a lot more regions during its launch period.

Actually only the 3ds and the PS4 are selling well. Everything else is selling worse than expected, or needed.
That, of course, in a worldwide basis. If we check certain regions individually, that may not be the case. The question is...... is one or two regions sales enough to keep the product profitable?

Mr_No said:
mutantclown said:

Price cuts in the first 4 months after release can only mean the console is not gonna last long. I predict is going to be cut off by 2017, with a total abandoment of 1st party support starting late 2016.

I'm thinking it would be an exaggeration to do that. Xbox One is not doing THAT bad.

If they even dare to do that, the little trust they have fought to get back after last year's blunder will be lost.

You are right on something though. It's way too early to cut prices on the console.

Its never to early to cut the prices.  Also its not a significant price cut the only console that had one early after its release was the 3DS and that one worked wonders its crushing the competition like no one else.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
VitroBahllee said:
What bugs me are Wii U apologists who are trying to pretend the Xbox One is doing as badly as the Wii U. I have both, but I can tell the difference between 14,000 and 66,000.

The Xbox One isn't doing as bad as the WiiU. But where did you get 66k vs. 14k?

That's roughly how many each of the two systems sold last week in the US.

cannonballZ said:
VitroBahllee said:

Not in this thread, on the board in general. And, no: I'm not going to go find links and paste them in for you. 

Chris Hu said:
Mr_No said:

Its never to early to cut the prices.  Also its not a significant price cut the only console that had one early after its release was the 3DS and that one worked wonders its crushing the competition like no one else.

You are right about the 3DS, although it took a bit of time to take off. I'm saying it's way too early to cut the prices of the console because the Kinect comes included with it. They need to make a profit on the new technology included in it. If they lower the price of the Xbox One now, and then remove the Kinect off the box, they would lose money.

VitroBahllee said:
cannonballZ said:

Not in this thread, on the board in general. And, no: I'm not going to go find links and paste them in for you. 

No need to. I have witnessed it myself. Just not in this thread which is what I thought you meant. 

Mr_No said:
Chris Hu said:
Mr_No said:

You are right about the 3DS, although it took a bit of time to take off. I'm saying it's way too early to cut the prices of the console because the Kinect comes included with it. They need to make a profit on the new technology included in it. If they lower the price of the Xbox One now, and then remove the Kinect off the box, they would lose money.

A $50 price cut isn't a biggie they will make that money back pretty soon since the X1 is actually moving software which is actually the main function of a home console which most people seem to forget.