By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Democrat lawmaker calls Black Republican "half" black

Kasz216 said:

Really, all the OP shows to me is that racism is more prevelent then people think

Yep - hasn't changed much despite what people think.

Wouldn't it be best to just keep everyone seperate?

(serious question, tell me why not)

{assuming you're going to say no of course}

[because saying yes is so taboo that no-one would say it even if they think it]

Around the Network

To be honest, it's not very surprising, even if it's pretty disheartening to see. The increase in volatile rhetoric over the past several years has raised the level of 'shock talk' among politicians, and it's really only going to get worse. I don't foresee it getting any better, anytime soon. The stonewalling the GoP's done this cycle, will only be replicated by the Dems when they're in the minority, and who knows where it'll end.

For example, several lawmakers have called for the President to be hanged, one called him buckwheat. Conversely, you have Biden stating that Republicans 'will have you back in chains' during a rally in Virginia. Given the kind of animosity lobbed too and fro, I can only imagine things are going to keep getting worse, as far as political divisiveness, nasty/hate speech, etc... is concerned.

This is dumb. Here in Africa black, white and mixed are considered 3 distinct races. Ive always found it strange how Obama is called black when his mother is clearly white, do black genes erase or overwrite the white ones or something? Its retarded, why doesn't anyone call Obama white? Only half of his genes apply? Seriously XD

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

seems like a true cunt. a pernicious, impetuous windbag who achieves support through incendiary remarks. not to mention fat. seriously, ew.

SubiyaCryolite said:
This is dumb. Here in Africa black, white and mixed are considered 3 distinct races. Ive always found it strange how Obama is called black when his mother is clearly white, do black genes erase or overwrite the white ones or something? Its retarded, why doesn't anyone call Obama white? Only half of his genes apply? Seriously XD

Singer Martin Gore has a black father and a white mother and he has white skin to the point where he only got his mom to tell him who his dad was when his wife had a baby daughter who was clearly of mixed race. He thought his wife had cheated on him, but it was his own black genes coming through in his offspring in a way they did not in him. That kind of thing is all genetics.

In politics, the real 'racial' divides are divides of cultures. Worrying about what people's skin tone is doesn't matter. Different cultures have different voting preferences, and these are strongly influenced but not dictated by the people's perceived race. A poor white person in the Appalachian mountains has little in common with a hip, upper class Californian youth even though they are both white. And lots of people with black skin do not conform to what a lot of people think of as 'african american culture,' even as plenty of white-skinned people, asians, etc. do attempt to participate in certain types of that culture. 

People need to stop thinking of these voting constituiences as being defined by people's skin and more by people's culture. 

Around the Network
Figgycal said:
Kasz216 said:

by the numbers, theoretically, Republicans could win the majority of black voters by just changing a few policies. (And hispanic).

In practice, even with the changed policies,  I wonder if that would be enough.

When you look at just those issues, it would seem that way.

Those are the main social issues yes... so those are the only ones you would look at.

Figgycal said:
-CraZed- said:
This is how Democrats and so-called progressives view blacks, as a commodity to be held by their party for the purposes of gaining power. She wields them as a political cudgel towards the Repubs.

I'll never understand how the party of the KKK, Jim Crow and segregation became the champion of the modern day black American. And they are even allowed to besmirch blacks who choose to leave the Democratic plantation in favor of self reliance and individual freedoms without being called racist. Democrats are often given a pass. If a Repub had said this would not only be on VGcharts in a forum the NAACP, ACLU, CBC, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, et al would all be calling for his/her head. But let a Democrat say it and its not worth the time or is somehow acceptable.

Larry Elder posted a great article today that I feel is apropos to this topic and highlights one the greatest con jobs to have ever been perpetrated on an entire group of human beings.

http://www.elderstatement.com/2014/04/the-true-history-of-race-and-democratic.html?spref=tw

I think when you look at the modern republican stances on social issues it's easy to see why the vast majority of black people are democrats.

Here's a pro tip: Black people don't like being called entitled by rich white republicans.

"Rich white Republicans?" I challenge you to take a look at where the vast majority of wealth is concentrated in this country and then check to see who represents those states/districts. You might be surprised. And also while you are at it look at the places where Democrat policies are the most prevalent and see who is most negatively impacted by them. Think, Chicago, DC, New York, Baltimore, Detroit…

You say social issues. Like what? Welfare (and any other redistributive program in existence today), abortion, gun rights, size and scope of government? Which one(s) in particular are "white Republicans out of step with the black community?"

As for the term entitled. By the way, who here has even said that and how do you know any of us are rich? Or are you referring to some other incident unrelated to this discussion? As a non-rich and incidentally, white (I really dislike hyphenating our nationality but do so only to qualify my statement) American I will tell you, you are not entitled at all. No one is entitled in this country. Only kings, dictators and slave owners are entitled. And we left those people behind to the dust of history.

And what if I told you I hate being called "privileged" because I am white even though I grew up in poverty under drug abusing parents ( I’ll spare you the rest of the crappy details) and have had to bust my hump to get what I do have today. Cuts both ways

Look I believe (as do most of those evil white Republicans you speak of) black folks and any other race of people are more than capable of earning a living and achieving success, but it is expected that it is the result of a mutually beneficial relationship between people. Not the plunder or confiscation of other peoples’ resources/capital through the force of government or coercion by perpetual guilt. That’s just how I feel and I respect anyone black, white, brown or otherwise who treat others with dignity, can make themselves a living through an honest day’s work.

Dont she know Obama is half black lol ..

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Does this really matter with all the actual problems in the world?

Anyway, we are all racist to an extent

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I personally believe that the designations of "Republican" and "Democrat" are impeding any sort of progress. It just turns everything into some sort of dick measuring contest where your opinions are unnecessary because you are just a part of a hive mind.

How is referring to a large group of people as one whole and lumping their beliefs and opinions into one pool and ignoring their diversity anything other than discrimination? When people disagree with something because of their political ties (instead of the other way around), the whole system breaks. I personally vote for the elimination of political parties (even if that is a fairly radical pipe dream)