By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Vita is failing because it doesn't appeal to the handheld market

I've seen more adults play (college aged -> 40's+) the 3ds on the bus than kids. Alternatively, I see more kids with PSP's (not Vitas) playing on the bus. Maybe the issue isn't that the Vita doesn't appeal to kids, but that it only appeals to kids/teenagers.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
BraveNewWorld said:
I'm embarrassed that so many people are embarrassed of playing a 3DS and/or Vita in public.

Its not about embarrasment.. Its about not destroying our, slim but still existing, chances to pick up a girl... Believe it or not but "he's got To be a gamer" is not that high on a list for women what they want in a man..

Honestly you have 0 idea how many women ive talked to about the 3ds. women will just randomly walk up to me ask what im playing and stuff all the time. to bad i like being alone. ive met more chicks playing 3ds than i have not playing one.. so there ya go.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
NiKKoM said:
The smartphone replaced your dumb phone, watch, mp3 player/music player and handheld.. Its not hard to see why the cool kids don't have a need for a vita..

Still funny that I have the script that changes the word smartphone to pokedex! (I totally want Pokedex to replace my dumb phone)

toot1231 said:
NiKKoM said:
BraveNewWorld said:
I'm embarrassed that so many people are embarrassed of playing a 3DS and/or Vita in public.

Its not about embarrasment.. Its about not destroying our, slim but still existing, chances to pick up a girl... Believe it or not but "he's got To be a gamer" is not that high on a list for women what they want in a man..

Honestly you have 0 idea how many women ive talked to about the 3ds. women will just randomly walk up to me ask what im playing and stuff all the time. to bad i like being alone. ive met more chicks playing 3ds than i have not playing one.. so there ya go.

I have a pretty good idea of you having slept with 0 of them...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
BraveNewWorld said:

It's not destroying any slim chance of picking up a girl. That must be something else.  Although being a gamer might not be on a list for any woman, it certainly wouldn't put them off either.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:
toot1231 said:
I play mine in public well atleast if im just sitting inside the mall or something and im 30.
I see lots of people doing it here in WV I always see atleast 1 grown man playing pokemon X at the mall.

No offense but man if I saw someone 30 years old playing a handheld at a mall I would judge them. Do you own a Vita?

Im 37, i play my 3ds xl in public...... who cares if you judge?

TM25 said:
Do you lie about what you do/aspire to do for a living (make games). You know since you mock people for playing games in public, and seem to be paralysed with fear at the idea of you yourself playing them in public?

Reason to lie. I'm almost done with my first project I can provide proof if you'd like via messaging. But point is I am and a lot of people I know are very self aware and care what others think about them. Strangers included. 

I have a pretty good idea of you having slept with 0 of them...

as ive said before i hate being with women but im not gay.

alone is the way i like it. one night stand or not id rather just be alone.

but i have talked to alot of them on facebook.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
MikeRox said:

It's not destroying any slim chance of picking up a girl. That must be something else.  Although being a gamer might not be on a list for any woman, it certainly wouldn't put them off either.

Its late here so i'll give the short version; focus and attention is on games and gaming is an expensive hobby = no time and money spend on girl.. Thats a turn off..

Lets be honest.. How many of us admitted on the first date that they were a gamer? 

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I love my Vita, personally it is my favourite handheld ever, since I love Japanese niche games.

That being said, Sony seems to have given up on the Vita everywhere but Japan. They could really be more aggressive.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC