By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm calling it now, Mario Kart will get the wheel turning, Smash Bros will take it home.

Do you agree?

Mario Kart will do the job. 68 32.23%

I agree 100% 58 27.49%

Smash Bros is BEAST 25 11.85%

See Results 57 27.01%

Total:208
DerNebel said:
Take what home?

Nintendo's 8th Gen Console crown.

Around the Network

Wait, you think SSB for Wii U is gonna move more consoles than MK8 despite the series historicaly selling less than MK and it's current multiplatform status? lol get outta here!

Clyde32 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Clyde32 said:

What will save it though, is smash bros. Let me ask you this, who in their right mind, would not want this game after seeing last night's direct? No one that's who. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs

Only hardcore fans watched the direct.  

500K people in one day is a lot. So we can expect a lot as well. 

I bet a large portion already have a Wii U and another portion are just gonna get the game on 3DS.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Wait, you think SSB for Wii U is gonna move more consoles than MK8 despite the series historicaly selling less than MK and it's current multiplatform status? lol get outta here!

Nowhere in there did I say MK8 will sell less than smash bros. 

Clyde32 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

But what does that have to do with what I said? If anything, you're only supporting my argument, as naturally a higher selling game will probably have moved more consoles than a lower selling one.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Clyde32 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

But what does that have to do with what I said? If anything, you're only supporting my argument, as naturally a higher selling game will probably have moved more consoles than a lower selling one.

The whole point of the article, was that it won't be at full force until SSB comes out. 

Clyde32 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Clyde32 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

The whole point of the article, was that it won't be at full force until SSB comes out. 

I don't see why SSB4 would bolster MK8's selling ability especially when it's gonna have difficulty selling consoles itself, but that doesn't matter anyway since the momentum boost from MK8 will have long died out by the time SSB4 arrives.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Clyde32 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Clyde32 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I don't see why SSB4 would bolster MK8's selling ability especially when it's gonna have difficulty selling consoles itself, but that doesn't matter anyway since the momentum boost from MK8 will have long died out by the time SSB4 arrives.

"Case in point, I'm calling it now, Mario Kart will get the wheel turning, Smash Bros will take it home."

Be careful man! Being optimistic on this forum is treated like a crime, especially if you are a Nintendo fan. You will be laughed at, ridiculed and called delusional.

MK8 is getting way more main stream attention than any Wii U title to date. I expect it to do very well, and I think Wii U will have a solid year.