By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Of course WiiU version is disadvantaged in 1 way or another, yet again

source

Lego: The Hobbit isn't setting off for Wii U just yet

Warner Bros. revealed it's pushed back the Wii U version of Lego: The Hobbit until April 22 in North America, despite releasing the game on other platforms this week. According to a press release sent to Joystiq, Warner Bros UK is releasing the Wii U version alongside other platforms on April 11, while Vooks reports a May 7 due date for Nintendo's home console, in contrast to April 16 on other systems.

WB didn't explain why it's holding back Bilbo and his dwarven pals from Wii U adventures, but the publisher does have a bit of a history with the Nintendo console. The Wii U didn't get mulitplayer content or campaign DLC for Batman: Arkham Origins, and that version was also delayed in the UK. Add in the recent week's delay for the Wii U version of Arkham Origins: Blackgate in Europe, and then there's the year or so Europeans had to wait for Scribblenauts Unlimited on Nintendo systems.

As for Lego: The Hobbit itself, the game chronicles the first two films of the trilogy based on Tolkein's beloved book. Reportedly, dev Traveler's Tales is bringing There and Back Again to the game as DLC, with plans to release it when the third film hits cinemas in December.

While Wii U owners have to wait a little longer, if you fancy a halfling with the latest Lego game you can get it now on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Vita, 3DS and PC.

Around the Network

It is rather bizarre why stuff on WiiU gets delayed ..

That game released yesterday on other platforms and I haven't seen anyone talking about it. Think it might be crap seeing as it's practically had a stealth release.

celador said:
That game released yesterday on other platforms and I haven't seen anyone talking about it. Think it might be crap seeing as it's practically had a stealth release.

Or there's just so many Lego games coming out lately, that very few people actually care anymore. I mean let's face it, they're all basically just reskins of the same game 

Oh man......This piece of news literally made me shed a damn tear......

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---