By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Breaking news: Ultimate Warrior has died(update)

“I was sent in a capsule from a place far from here, and I came here for one reason. To attack and keep comin’. Not to ask, but just to give. Not to want, but just to send. Send the power of the Warrior down everybody’s throat in the WWF, until they become sick of it. Well you’re gonna get sick of it, because this freak of nature right here is just beginning to swell, and when I get big enough, brother, there ain’t gonna be room for anybody else but me and all the Warriors floatin’ through the veins and the power of the Warrioooooorrrrrrr!!!”

RIP Ultimate Warrior!

Around the Network

What a shock after that promo speech, I hope his family are all okay and that the press are being respectful in their time of loss.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I kind of feel like this might all be might fault for watching this the other day:

badgenome said:

I kind of feel like this might all be might fault for watching this the other day:

I never knew that match took place!  Enjoyed it.  Thanks, badgenome.

R.I.P.

It's really shocking. We saw him get inducted in the HOF and then we just saw him this Monday at Raw. It really puts morality into perspective.

Around the Network

Prob pain med overdose or other drug causing a heart attack. RIP Warrior, thank you to him for entertaining me all those years ago.

Actually, looking his HoF speaking, his WM XXX appereance and the Raw promo, he was sweating and his face was red, even if he wasn't doing any kind of physical effort. He was visibly tired.

Transcription of his last promo on Raw:
"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe a final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend markers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. Ultimate. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!"

torok said:

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe a final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed (Believe) deeper and (In) something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. Ultimate. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!"

Just watched it a second ago on Hulu Plus....almost felt like crying.  Warrior's promos were always open to interpretation because of the way he spoke.  I heard a couple of words differently.  Still, a hell of a final statement.  Our Warrior's spirit is at peace.

d21lewis said:
torok said:

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe a final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed (Believe) deeper and (In) something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. Ultimate. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans. And the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!"

Just watched it a second ago on Hulu Plus....almost felt like crying.  Warrior's promos were always open to interpretation because of the way he spoke.  I heard a couple of words differently.  Still, a hell of a final statement.  Our Warrior's spirit is at peace.

Yeah, and really just how weird and prophetic his words were what always made the Warrior great.

It's so oddly fitting, that the greatness of it being his final promo right before he died is marred only by the very huge fact that it's really damn sad he died right after being part of the WWE again.

Oh well... at least he made it back unlike savage.