By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Kart 8 grafix

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I still think Rainbow Road looks the best out of all the tracks, Its just... Fappppppppp

And thats just classic Rainbow Road... Imagine the new one O_O

Cant handle all that FAP!!!

Around the Network

I still think Rainbow Road looks the best out of all the tracks, Its just... Fappppppppp

In before PC people that can't appreciate art direction and say ploygons are better than art direction

Yeah, that one is up there

For anyone who thinks this can run on PS3/360. MK8 to even run on PC would have to be developed with a 64bit OS in mind and PC games a good lot of them still develop under 32 bit.

Oh and guess what Mario kart has had 3 arcade games and the 2013 version is not running on triforce but a baord stronger than PS3/360 and this is the result

So even that 360 and PS3 would need a downgrade.

MK8 is both technically impressive and artistically. The game is the best looking console game to date. period.

Ryudo said:

For anyone who thinks this can run on PS3/360. MK8 to even run on PC would have to be developed with a 64bit OS in mind and PC games a good lot of them still develop under 32 bit.

Oh and guess what Mario kart has had 3 arcade games and the 2013 version is not running on triforce but a baord stronger than PS3/360 and this is the result

So even that 360 and PS3 would need a downgrade.

MK8 is both technically impressive and artistically. The game is the best looking console game to date. period.

Artistically thats possible.

Technically nowhere close.

ICStats said:
Lovely. This is what Nintendo fans missed out on while they were playing Wii instead a PS3 or 360 class hardware.

So what exactly woudl they have played kart wise that is equal to or greater?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
ktay95 said:

And thats just classic Rainbow Road... Imagine the new one O_O

Cant handle all that FAP!!!

I know right! Its almost too much! Even for me!!!! I probably rewatched that trailer 30-40 times now and showed all my friends, its just tooooo gooood! Just imagine if Nintendo did uncompressed Direct feeds! It would rape my internet connection but what a rape it would be! (in a good way)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

In the first video, at 29sec you can see CPU Bowser using the Mushroom to skip a part of the track. Not only is this game good looking, the AI is also impressive. I remember the AI in Uncharted 3 looking around confused while they were being shot. I hope this makes 150cc more challenging.

What is it exactly people are seeing that makes them think these graphics indicate powerful hardware?

Its just a kart racing game. This isn't some huge sandbox open world with complex AI, a physics engine with huge draw distances or other state of the art graphic effects. Despite the 32MB of high speed embedded memory and later architecture GPU it isn't rendered in 1080p. It's a nice looking game though.

Surely people realise if the original wii can do mariokart with a 12 gflops gpu, 2meg frame buffer, 1 meg texture cache, 24meg main memory and 64meg of ddr external memory plus a weak 1600 mips cpu then a console with a 176 gflops gpu, 32MB of video memory, 1GB of game memory, 8,400 mips cpu and a gpu based on later architecture with some small compute functionality is going to perform to a higher level. This is a game build from the ground up to utilise all the wii u offers. It's only cartoon graphics here and there will be low cpu demands.

I can't believe people just forget the huge number of wii u games that have underperformed on wii u compared to 360 and PS3 and then they see one artistically beautiful game and jump on it as if now the wii u is competitive with ps4 and xbox one. Utter fanboy madness.

- Moderated, 

Carl

I can finally say "wow, this looks beautiful!" and "wow, this music is amazing!" about a Mario Kart game!

im really sick of people saying "artistically is great, thecnically not so much"... PEOPLE. you need the TECH to pull out your Art Vision, The Wii U is capable for what Nintendo developers want to do, and that should be it. and if Nintendo can make games look so good on a "weak" hardware, the 3rd party should as well, I mean, Game budgets above the 100 millions and they can port a game correctly? give me a break