By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Nintendo put out another console within the next 2 years? Scrap the WiiU?

Should Nintendo scrap the WiiU and put out another new console?

Yes 88 22.45%

No 272 69.39%

Nintendo is done! Go the Sega route....... 32 8.16%

Total:392

How about WiiU 2.0?  Should Nintendo start over?  Nintendo can put out a new console that could have better CPU/GPU than PS4/Xbox1 but potentially at similar price if Nintendo decides to put a new console out within the next year or 2.  Considering that PS4/Xbox1 started development few years ago, if Nintendo starts development for a new console now, Nintendo can get similar parts for cheaper or better parts at same price.   

I suppose Nintendo would piss off the customers that just bought a WiiU, but there are ONLY 6 million (at a pace to sell 20 million lifetime) that has bought a WiiU so that's not that many people.  Although Nintendo would be about a year or 2 behind PS4/Xbox1, they can potentially sell 80+ consoles if they can put a powerful but affordable console that has great 1st party exclusive (a given for Nintendo) with great 3rd party support (that can potentially be better than PS4/Xbox1 versions).  

Around the Network

I would say 3 years from now is a better choice.

Wii U succesor for Q4 2016.
New Handheld for Q4 2015.

None of those two will be a DS or Wii. They needs something completly new.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nintentacle said:

Dat

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nintentacle said:

Why wait 3 years?  WiiU is getting blasted right now.....

Around the Network

why?
will power bring people to a nintendo console?
will power bring thirdies?

i dont think so.

spurgeonryan said:
Should I answer this for the hundredth time?
No they should not. They would totally lose any faithful followers that they had left.

They lose them with droughts already.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I say it couldn't get any worse sales wise so why not? The wii u seems dead already..everyone thought it would be saved sales wise by this game or that but never happened

fyi I own the wii u but would hate to see nintendo leave the console arena due to 0 to low profit from horrible console sales

I feel if they turn this around they're going to drag out this generation just to make a point.

The WII U at this point can't redeem it's image so Nintendo has no choice but to simply put out a new console by 2016.