By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Update* New Mario Kart 8 details/coverage is HERE!!! <(^o^<)

Sounds like a lot of people will be disappointed there's no track editor.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
It took them far too long to get Shy Guy as a playable character.

Looks ace though. I hope the online mode is as good as it was in MKWii.

Shy Guy isnt new..... 

tbone51 said:

Shy Guy isnt new..... 

Where did I say he was new?

Has it been confirmed that there will be 2 Rainbow Road stages or is that just speculation?

Also, one little tidbit I liked, no more wheelies for bikes, so that fixes the balancing a bit ^.^

Mr Khan said:
Pavolink said:
What a dissapointmenton on the rainbow road. IT looks good but only one lap? Seriously? What a f*uck.

Is that the new one or the 64 one? Looks like the latter to me.

It's the 64 version. The music is godly, but only one lap is truly a dissapointment to me.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
AstroGamer said:

Yoshi Valley and Double Dash Sherbet Land confirmed.

Noice find! That's every MK64 track then. Wonder if they'll reuse tracks in the next game, or not bother with N64 at all.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Shy Guy isnt new..... 

Where did I say he was new?

Kresnik said:

"It took them far too long to get Shy Guy as a playable character."  This suggest you think he's brand new :p  No offense.

sundin13 said:
Has it been confirmed that there will be 2 Rainbow Road stages or is that just speculation?

Also, one little tidbit I liked, no more wheelies for bikes, so that fixes the balancing a bit ^.^

All Mario Kart games have their own Rainbow Roads, so yes it'll have two, the N64 remake and the MK8 original!

tbone51 said:

Kresnik said:

"It took them far too long to get Shy Guy as a playable character."  This suggest you think he's brand new :p  No offense.

Nope, I know he's in MK7.  He looks like he's a mainstay of the series now.  And it took them far too long to get him in.

Better?

Einsam_Delphin said:
AstroGamer said:

Yoshi Valley and Double Dash Sherbet Land confirmed.

Noice find! That's every MK64 track then. Wonder if they'll reuse tracks in the next game, or not bother with N64 at all.

I can't make it out.

But Wario Stadium from N64 is the last one left from that console, actually.

Now to wait for Wario Colliseum and/or Wario's Gold Mine.