By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Universal Windows apps are coming to your Xbox One

What are ya'll thoughts on this?

Link to article:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/02/universal-windows-apps-on-xbox/

Praise the One.

Around the Network

They really need to do something about the app store for Windows and Windows Phone... It is lagging behind the competition by a large margin but once they fix that, it should improve the overall experience

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Microsoft pushing their product again. Not mad at all because most companies would push their product like that
( Except steam with their steamOS)

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

It's a shame the Store is rubbish at the moment. When it grows, this will be really really good.

All the forces combined this sounds very beneficial for Xbone. Due to a unified API it will be easy to write apps for all MS platforms like MS always intended with Windows 8 and WinRT.

Around the Network

Please delete.

Good idea. I own a Windows tablet, and while I like using the OS, its lacking in apps compared to Android and iOS. Making it easier for devs to release something across all of MS's devices will hopefully convince more companies to release apps on Windows.

FlamingWeazel said:
Hope something like this never comes to playstation. Total Rubbish.

I bought an Xbox One for amazing features just like this. Glad I got an xbox instead of playstation 4

Definitive

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

FlamingWeazel said:
Hope something like this never comes to playstation. Total Rubbish.

lol, oh boy..talk about closed minded :-p

Praise the One.