By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Competition is good! Stop wishing doom to Nintendo and Xbox.

Soundwave said:

Innovation is overrated. Give me a solid all around game platform, the best Nintendo platforms were arguably the least innovative (NES and SNES were basically straight forward home consoles).

Rumble paks and balance boards and analog sticks and motion controllers and plastic steering wheels and all that doesn't make up for the fact that half the time there's nothing worthwhile to play, and THAT is the most important thing, not some dick waving contest about who did what first.

Truth. Just give me my goddamn console and my goddamn games.

Around the Network

Sony fans want only Sony to succeed because they know the company is about to go under with all their debt.

Damn Sony fans...

Why can't they just reciprocate all that love that has been shown towards the Vita the past few years. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't own the internet.

Nintendo doing well forced Kinect and Move to exist, to a lot of gamers that's not a good thing. (Personally I'm glad they exist, so thanks Nintendo!).

MS and Sony very much need each other tho to remain in good shape.

pezus said:
pokymon90 said:
Sony fans want only Sony to succeed because they know the company is about to go under with all their debt.

Oh so it's actually you that wants Sony to fail and not Sony fans who want Nintendo and MS to fail

Again, hypocritical to the max

Not really.  Everybody wants everybody else to fail....it's how the world works.  I sometimes go on N4G.com and whenever there is an article praising XBOX most of the Sony fans on the site come out in droves saying shit like, "Lol, PS4 is more powerful" and "why are customers paying $100 more for weaker hardware".   

Right now they are arguing over the VGChartz sales figures saying they are inaccurate and that PS4 actually won again, in a week where the most hyped game of 2013 (Titanfall) released.

Around the Network

As was already stated, why single out Sony fans?

Anyways, I agree and disagree. Competition is good to a degree. It makes sure to keep the leading company on its feet, but no competition also has its benefits.

With no competition, or a definitive leader, gamers will more than likely only need to own one console for most of the best games. More players on the same console, meaning that more than likely you and your friends will be able to play together from home with the latest release of your favorite multiplayer game. Developers save money and man power by not having to port a game over to several consoles, meaning that the money and man power that's saved could be used in starting development on their next title.

A leading console maker going to keep console prices high is a misconception in my opinion. They'll only keep it high as long as it keeps selling. If a console sells millions at $600, then the console maker is going to keep it at $600. They're not going to drop prices as long as the product keeps selling well. If sales are lagging, then prices will drop.

Consoles now days also have to compete with PCs. Back during the days of the NES, SNES, PSX, etc, most of the games on those consoles were exclusive to consoles while PC games were exclusive to PC. That's a far cry from what it looks like today. Most games on console today are also on the PC, while a decent amount of PC games are starting to make their way to consoles. So console developers are always going to have to compete with PC, so they're not going to price too high if that's going to have gamers look into PC gaming for what may be cheaper even if you purchase it directly from the store?

pokymon90 said:

Uh huh. Good luck with that.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

The NSA story is the worst thing that ever could happen to US companies. Nobody in the world will buy their hardware or software to get spyed 24/7 and this will be a huge problem for Microsoft. So even if the X1 was a great product, it would not have any chance to succeed internationally.

Nintendo on the other hand cannot be saved until Iwata steps down. All its current problems were foreseeable and self made and there is just no sign he will ever realize.

pezus said:

Why is this focused on Sony fans? 

Your start kind of discredits everything else you say. ("So with my first forum post I want to talk about the constant doom wishes MOST Sony fans write on Nintendo and Microsoft for their hardware")

well its pretty much exclusively Sony fans pulling this crap.  Look up one Nintendo fan doing something similar and its probably the mildest doom thread ever, then ill give you half a dozen Sony fans often with 3 page long articles listing completely biased and often misinformed evidence that Nintendo and Microsoft should quit and that they are a cancer on the industry.  

DarkD said:
pezus said:

Why is this focused on Sony fans? 

Your start kind of discredits everything else you say. ("So with my first forum post I want to talk about the constant doom wishes MOST Sony fans write on Nintendo and Microsoft for their hardware")

well its pretty much exclusively Sony fans pulling this crap.  Look up one Nintendo fan doing something similar and its probably the mildest doom thread ever, then ill give you half a dozen Sony fans often with 3 page long articles listing completely biased and often misinformed evidence that Nintendo and Microsoft should quit and that they are a cancer on the industry.  

Feel free to. This is news to me.