By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Own a DS? Haven't bought Apollo Justice? OBJECTION!

If you didn't realize, Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney is on shelves today in North America. It's the 4th game in the cult hit Ace Attorney series from Capcom. Apollo Justice starts a new saga in the Ace Attorney series, so you don't actually have to have played the Phoenix Wright trilogy to understand everything (though you won't catch a couple subtle references to the old games). So, why should you buy it you ask?

Characters: Apollo Justice maintains the franchise's high standard of quality for characters and character development. Throughout the game you will meet numerous hilarious and interesting personas that will surely leave a lasting impression on you. You play as Apollo Justice, a young upcomming defense attorney under the tutelage of Phoenix Wright, the first trilogy's protagonist. You'll also be accompanied by Trucy (yes I know her name is awful), your young and pretty assistant, and Phoenix's adopted daughter.

Plot: No series I have played has ever surprised me as much as Ace Attorney. They love to string you along, and lead you to believe that you know what's going on, then hit you with a curvball that you never saw coming. Each case is completely different from those before it. They will all be filled with humor, cleverness, and some touching drama. Usually these cases are murder mysteries, but as you go through each case, you'll slowly solve the greater mystery of Phoenix's past, and watch the characters develop and grow.

Gameplay: Ace Attorney is often described as a visual novel, which isn't too far off base. There is a lot of reading and text, but you'll hardly be doing nothing but. Each case requires thorough investigation and interrogation in a point-and-click style. You'll use tools with the touchscreen and mic to find fingerprints, make footprint molds, and spray crimescenes for residue of poison or blood in your hunt for clues.

In the courtroom you can yell "OBJECTION!" or "HOLD IT!" into the mic when you want to contradict a point made by the witness (you don't have to), and your mental ability will constantly be tested with challenging connections. You will need to closely examine evidence and testimony to find the contradictions!

All of this comes together into a unique video game, which can be a truly emotional experience to play. It may not be for everyone, but I highly recommend everyone who loves great storytelling and characters give this unique and engaging experience a shot.

Play the demo below:

And remember, if you like it, go out and buy the original Phoenix Wright trilogy as well. Please support this great, artistic, and unique experience on the Nintendo DS.

Around the Network

HOLD IT! I was just heading out the door to pick up my copy!

CIHYFS?

cool i might buy it, i havent bought a DS games in like 2 years

buts there is too much reading lol

I can't even do it. I know I love Capcom, but this just isn't my thing. I don't think I would be able to get into to it.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Naz is a paid corporate shill! Don't listen to his lies!

Don't listen to him explain just how fun Phoenix Wright games are! Don't listen to him talk about each awesome feature of the games! Don't listen to him explain why you really should play these games! Don't listen to him for anything and certainly don't attempt to play anything he tells you to! It's all part of some terrible evil plot to destroy your happiness and steal your money!

And... And... And Naz is a communist!

Around the Network

No I actually write these myself. I wrote the Layton one as well.  It's part of my mission in life to spread knowledge of these artistic and unique games that you won't see in mainstream advertisement.  

Too bad we Europeans have to wait as usual. Until it comes this way though, I'd better play the 2nd and the 3rd game. Unless I can find an imported copy somewhere...

OBJECTION!!! I would have bought it today if my EB had it in!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
routsounmanman said:
Too bad we Europeans have to wait as usual. Until it comes this way though, I'd better play the 2nd and the 3rd game. Unless I can find an imported copy somewhere...

I get the feeling I should invent the site "Play-America."  I think I would make a fortune off the members of this forum alone.

naznatips said:
routsounmanman said:

I get the feeling I should invent the site "Play-America." I think I would make a fortune off the members of this forum alone.

Video Games Crossing : You'll be Nook :)