By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Own a DS? Haven't bought Apollo Justice? OBJECTION!

naznatips said:
iclim4 said:
Naz didnt you say to steer clear away from this game before?
You mentioned the fans in Japan hated it and it ruined the whole Phoenix Wright trilogy?

Or am I mistaken?

I said to be warry of it because I'd heard mixed impressions, but looking through the reviews I hunted down the ones that were written by people who were clearly fans of the original trilogy, and all of them were very positive, and pointed out that the plot and characters were the most important things in the Ace Attorney games.  The best review of the game so far.  Clearly written by a fan of the franchise.   http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3166356 

So far I certainly don't regret purchasing it. 

ah ok, thanks, Im hoping for a full review when you're done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
tabsina said:
naznatips said:
tabsina said:
nazna, how does it compare with the first three games? i'm currently in the middle of trials, and am finding it slightly better than the first game so far.. what about apollo, in your opinion

Don't you mean Justice for All? Trials and Tribulations is the final game in the original trilogy. It's my favorite of the 3.

Only a few hours in Apollo Justice. Too early to say. Certainly maintains the great humor though, and the plot seems interesting. It has a lot more touch screen functionality than the original 3 do.

No, i meant Trials and Tribulations, but i found them both better than Justice for All, thats why i left it out (probably should have added my thoughts for that too)

The added touch screen functionality interests me, i've been wanting an interface like the final trial in the first phoenix game (where you could spin objects, etc), i'm not sure if thats the feature you are talking about, but i'm interested in anything new in the interface.. will pick this one up by import (or maybe i'll wait for Aus release)

Yeah, most of the features are the same that you found in that final case in the first trial.  It's got a few more too.

SUSTAINED!

Oo I really enjoyed that demo.

HOLD IT!

I motion to adjourn this thread, so I can go play Apollo Justice, which I went out and bought today (then came back and saw this thread). I 've been wavering on playing a Phoenix Wright game for some time now, and figured this was a good place to start,

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

My hat's off to you, Naz! That was awesome! :D

The BuShA owns all!

So far I love it. The new Perceive System is much better than the Psych Locks were. I won't give spoilers, but they come in swinging with the plot twists before you're even out of the first case.

Just bought Layton. As a I-don't-buy-many-games type of guy, that's likely to be my only DS game for this half of the year.

I do have the original Phoenix Wright, though.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

LOL@Payne new look.
That was rather a huge twist for Wright.

This game look too slow