By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW+SW, week ending 3/22.

Angelv577 said:
Waoo MGS:GZ sell a lot for just a demo!!!

And the best game released until now on PS4/Xbone... AMAZING DEMO.

Around the Network

Also, with these latest figures the PS3 has now outsold the Wii in Japan overall software. :)

Blood_Tears said:
Also, with these latest figures the PS3 has now outsold the Wii in Japan overall software. :)

This happened? Congratulations if true. 

veritaz said:
Blood_Tears said:

This happened? Congratulations if true. 

For sure.  :)

Japan Software

PS3 - 68,931,645

Wii - 68,780,862

GotBoth said:
DerNebel said:

Insiderp also said that the game had 190k digital preorders but only 150k digital sales in its first week. So yeah, reading is fundamental, right?

You all are not sitting here arguing what VGCHARTZ says justifys another source being wrong? When VC is wrong EVERY NPD? Okay yea right.

No, because we all know that vgchartz numbers are estimates, this site however claims their numbers as facts always gotten from some "sources". In the case of these digital preorders the only source they could have gotten the numbers from would be someone from Sony, so those digital preorders being 40k above the digital first week sales, which they again could have only gotten from Sony, is a clear indicator that they are doing nothing but making shit up.

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:

Based on a CGI trailer and their bad track record these past few years? How'd you come to the conclusion? I mean, at least if we'd seen something about then maybe, but we've literally seen nothing. We know more about QB than we do SO (and that's saying something). 

I honestly want to know where the hype for SO is coming from outside it being an Insomniac game exclusive to Xbox. I must be missing something because I swear no one gave a crap about them until they announced Xbox exclusivity (the reaction to Fuse, their two "Ratchet" games, and the constant hate for R3 would have led me believe otherwise). 

And regarless, SO isn't a hype building, system selling game. It's good for people who already own X1s, but it won't be moving many systems, it's not going to help MS' future prospects unless it comes with a nice, fat price cut. 

Strange how you go from the bolded to the underlined. So which is it, do we know an extremely little amount about it, or do we know so much that you can say it's not a big game? I mean, what are you basing that off of? Let me quote you, "Based on a CGI trailer and their bad track record these past few years? How'd you come to the conclusion?"

Regarding the italicized, the hype is probably coming from the trailer with the awesome artstyle probably. Regarding the rest of that, can you not apply the exact same nitpicking to the list of games you provided earlier? MLB The Show is not a big game, nor is "exclusive marketing" for a cross gen game like Watch Dogs. Driveclub has been delayed and Evolution's last couple of games sucked. The Order, isn't this RAD's first attempt at their own actual game, and not something they either are porting from past consoles or continuing off what another developer created? And then there's Destiny. Again, I'll just quote you.

"I honestly want to know where the hype for SO Destiny is coming from outside it being an Insomniac Bungie game not exclusive to Xbox. I must be missing something because I swear no one gave a crap about them until they announced the end of Xbox exclusivity (the reaction to Fuse Halo, and the constant hate for R3 Halo would have led me believe otherwise)."

Fixed it up for you.

Blood_Tears said:

For sure.  :)

Japan Software

PS3 - 68,931,645

Wii - 68,780,862

I didnt believe you, but yep. Its happened.

Looking closer at the software numbers in Japan, Im amazed by just how much of that Wii total belongs to Nintendo.

52.6 Million units.

Only 16 Million 3rd party sales on Wii in Japan. Thats incredible.

J_Allard said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Based on a CGI trailer and their bad track record these past few years? How'd you come to the conclusion? I mean, at least if we'd seen something about then maybe, but we've literally seen nothing. We know more about QB than we do SO (and that's saying something). 

I honestly want to know where the hype for SO is coming from outside it being an Insomniac game exclusive to Xbox. I must be missing something because I swear no one gave a crap about them until they announced Xbox exclusivity (the reaction to Fuse, their two "Ratchet" games, and the constant hate for R3 would have led me believe otherwise). 

And regarless, SO isn't a hype building, system selling game. It's good for people who already own X1s, but it won't be moving many systems, it's not going to help MS' future prospects unless it comes with a nice, fat price cut. 

Strange how you go from the bolded to the underlined. So which is it, do we know an extremely little amount about it, or do we know so much that you can say it's not a big game? I mean, what are you basing that off of? Let me quote you, "Based on a CGI trailer and their bad track record these past few years? How'd you come to the conclusion?"

Regarding the italicized, the hype is probably coming from the trailer with the awesome artstyle probably. Regarding the rest of that, can you not apply the exact same nitpicking to the list of games you provided earlier? MLB The Show is not a big game, nor is "exclusive marketing" for a cross gen game like Watch Dogs. Driveclub has been delayed and Evolution's last couple of games sucked. The Order, isn't this RAD's first attempt at their own actual game, and not something they either are porting from past consoles or continuing off what another developer created? And then there's Destiny. Again, I'll just quote you.

"I honestly want to know where the hype for SO Destiny is coming from outside it being an Insomniac Bungie game not exclusive to Xbox. I must be missing something because I swear no one gave a crap about them until they announced the end of Xbox exclusivity (the reaction to Fuse Halo, and the constant hate for R3 Halo would have led me believe otherwise)."

Fixed it up for you.

I never claimed MLB The Show is a big system selling game, I just said that it's coming out in April (and my arguments is in regards to it, in combination with the other points I mentioned, not individuall).  And Evoloution's last few games sucked? Have you even played them? Motorstorm Apocalypse was poorly timed released but it was friggen great (it was just sent out to die).  RAD is a great studios with a great track record, and what we've seen from The Order looks incredible (then again, that's my opnion, it may not appeal to you), I don't see any reason to doubt them. 

Destiny and Watch Dogs exclusive marketing will absolutely have an effect, unless you know something I don't konw? They're two of the biggest games this year and every add will have PS4 featured. It's like arguing that exclusive X1 marketing for Titanfall didn't have an effect. While it won't nearly as big as Titanfall's marketing effect, both Watch Dogs and Destiny will certainly help, especially when you add them to the rest of the list. 

As for what you said about Bungie...um, lol? Are you serious? People have always cared about Bungie and their post Halo game has been hyped up since before we even knew what it was. Are you serioulsy trying to imply that Bungie and Insomniac are on the same level? That's just too good, haha. 

MLB The Show is a big system seller in US... but it is weak outside it.

MLB the show moves more consoles then people realise, I know many who got a ps3 because of the show, it has been the best sport franchise ever the last 5-6 years, it's quality is unmatched. Go to Operation sports, most there are getting or got a ps3 and ps4 because of the show. It wont cause a big bump but over time it moves systems/.