By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Selnor1983 Titanfall Review

I lol'd when I read the title of this thread.

Predicting that Second Son (PS4) will outsell Titanfall (XOne) in lifetime sales.  Click here for sales comparison thread.

Around the Network
torok said:
DialgaMarine said:
torok said:
DialgaMarine said:
How can you give the first game in what's obviously going to be a growing franchise down the road a 10 /10? What are you going to give the sequel(s) if they do what most sequels do and blow the original away in every way. I'm all about being a fanboy of a console bro, but sometimes you gotta be honest. Very few games are perfect, and the ones that are don't come out within the first 6 months of a console generation. Just remember that XB1 will be getting far better games than the original Titanfall, down the road.

Sequels? Are you crazy? TF is perfect, it's final, it can't have a sequel because it can't be topped!!

Dammit... You're right... How could I have been so NAIVE!! I must go out and purcahse an XBox One at ONCE!!!... After I can get it used for cheap of course... Heheh ;)

More craziness... How could you find an used one if nobody will sell it because they will be playing TF on it? 

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooo....

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Shaunaka said:
selnor1983 said:
Shaunaka said:
I haven't been here long, but I can't take anything Selnor says seriously at all. There have been massive contradictions and just plain poor thinking in much of what I've read from him.

Guess I can't make this statement without proving it.

Well, here he says that he only gives a score based on fun. But I also just read his Ryse review and the "best console graphics ever" certainly influenced his score there. It's just very sad that he lives in this little cloud up in la-la land and thinks people take him seriously. Oh well.

Some games are story driven. Visuals help these types of games tell stories. Why does praising visuals in a cinematc game mean that doesnt add to the fun of the game.

You stated that you rate and give scores based on "fun" alone.

Yet you rated and scored Ryse because of graphics.

The point certainly stands.

Again why can graphics not add to the fun of a game? Visuals are part of a game. And in a cinematic game visuals can help the fun. Your being pretty narrow minded

selnor1983 said:
Shaunaka said:
selnor1983 said:
Shaunaka said:
I haven't been here long, but I can't take anything Selnor says seriously at all. There have been massive contradictions and just plain poor thinking in much of what I've read from him.

Well, here he says that he only gives a score based on fun. But I also just read his Ryse review and the "best console graphics ever" certainly influenced his score there. It's just very sad that he lives in this little cloud up in la-la land and thinks people take him seriously. Oh well.

Some games are story driven. Visuals help these types of games tell stories. Why does praising visuals in a cinematc game mean that doesnt add to the fun of the game.

Again why can graphics not add to the fun of a game? Visuals are part of a game. And in a cinematic game visuals can help the fun. Your being pretty narrow minded

If you want an answer, because you're inconsistent in your arguments. I won't bother looking for them over the years, people know what we're talking about.

so meaning PC ver. must be 20/10... 

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:
selnor1983 said:
Shaunaka said:
selnor1983 said:
Shaunaka said:

If you want an answer, because you're inconsistent in your arguments. I won't bother looking for them over the years, people know what we're talking about.

I rest my case. Every part that make up a gam can add to the fun factor of a game overall. The fact you chose to ignore that is your right to be ignorant.

if this thread wasnt made by selnor it would have probably never reached the 60 post mark.

Just 10/10 selnor? You lost your touch... TLOU will be 11/10 and is just an update from last year game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I do wish there was a "No grunts/spectre" mode. So many times I've been engaging grunts, thinking they were pilots, only to be picked off by some asshole that just happens to stumble upon me. There have been too many times where I get second place because some other asshole just killed AI controlled characters instead of taking down Titans and pilots like me! If I kill the most real characters, some guy that killed 20 canon fodder charazters shouldn't be ranked higher!!

Minor gripes, though. Titanfall is the only MP game where I can go "Beast mode" and totally run the place. I've turned entire battles around and it's the best feeling, ever. I suck at Call of Duty but in Titanfall, I feel so powerful.

I preferred zero punctuations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhQNkcpgBwY