By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Selnor1983 Titanfall Review

gergroy said:
selnor1983 said:
gergroy said:

lol, what the hell, star wars kinect is better than mass effect 3!  thats blasphemy!

Yep. ME3 was the worst in the Trilogy for me. And SW Kinect was awesome with my daughter and Wife. Had so much fun.

ugh, you are dead to me Selnor!  I actually loved mass effect 3, thought it was the best of the trilogy and the trilogy as a whole was the best game of all time!!  Yes, better than titanfall!... But I guess you can have your opinion... it just means you are dead to me!

lol. I didnt hate it, just felt less fun than the other 2. :)

God people are gonna hate my Dead Rising 3 review when I have finished it. I really dont think its that fun. Gulp. Runs and hides.

Around the Network

based on your review:
fun factor = 10/10
what about replayability?
performance?
voice acting?
music?
sound fx?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
gergroy said:
Goatseye said:
gergroy said:

halo has already had some marketshare eaten up by call of duty and other shooters.  Another big shooter will take another small slice of the pie.  However, the core halo audience probably buy all these shooters anyway, so there will always be a market for halo...

I doubt you rationale. COD is a better pick up and play game.

Halo learning curve is steeper. Plus Halo sells consoles more than anything when it comes out.

thats funny, I feel the exact opposite about the games, but whatever.  It's not really hard to see that halo's marketshare has eroded somewhat.  Either through saturation of the franchise or from the shooter market as a whole. 

also, of course halo sells the most consoles, its the biggest exclusive shooter out there... not really sure what that has to do with what I said.  I did say Halo would always have a market, didn't I?  

The learning curve is steeper in COD games?

And it's the 3rd best selling Halo. Almost 9 mil.

gergroy said:
Goatseye said:
gergroy said:

halo has already had some marketshare eaten up by call of duty and other shooters.  Another big shooter will take another small slice of the pie.  However, the core halo audience probably buy all these shooters anyway, so there will always be a market for halo...

Halo learning curve is steeper. Plus Halo sells consoles more than anything when it comes out.

thats funny, I feel the exact opposite about the games, but whatever.  It's not really hard to see that halo's marketshare has eroded somewhat.  Either through saturation of the franchise or from the shooter market as a whole. 

also, of course halo sells the most consoles, its the biggest exclusive shooter out there... not really sure what that has to do with what I said.  I did say Halo would always have a market, didn't I?  

Hmmm. Isnt Halo 4 the fastest selling Halo aligned for timeframe? Meaning it asnt eroded at all?

deskpro2k3 said:
based on your review:
fun factor = 10/10
what about replayability?
performance?
voice acting?
music?
sound fx?

All those things make up the fun factor. If iit ran regularly at 20 fps the fun would be ruined.

Around the Network

Nice review Selnor, always good to share your views on a new game, or even an old one. The game does seem to be very well designed, with varied maps and balanced gameplay. If I had the hardware I'd have this title since day one.

I wouldn't agree with you on the 40 hour limit though. I've played plenty of online shooters for far longer without it feeling like a chore (Halo 2, Half:Life 2, COD:MW2, MW3 to name a few). I understand that you're trying to emphasize that the game stays fresh for an extended period of time, but as far as I'm concerned, 40 hours is a rather short span of time online.

Also, just a minor note, but you should try to copy and paste your reviews into word, review it, or spell check it somehow prior to posting. I counted 6 spelling errors in one paragraph alone. It just detracts from the content of the piece, as when I'm reading it, I'm constantly being distracted by words that look out of place.

Voice acting?

Goatseye said:
gergroy said:
Goatseye said:
gergroy said:

The learning curve is steeper in COD games?

And it's the 3rd best selling Halo. Almost 9 mil.

yeah, call of duty has tons of different weapons, classes, loadouts, etc. that you have to learn in order to play.  Halo I think is a bit more straightforward.  You have like what 8 different weapons with basically identical copies in covenant human of forerunner types.  It is also more forgiving for taking damage than call of duty, etc.  I could go on, but you get the jist.  

I'm not saying there is a huge erosion, just slight downward sales trend.  higher marketshare should have in theory produced more sales, but the genre became more crowded with big contenders like call of duty and battlefield entering the space.  Now we have titanfall.  Will it have a huge impact on halo sales?  no!  will it have a minor impact on halo sales?  in my opinion yes.  That is all I'm saying.  It is pretty much impossible to prove one way or another, so this will probably be the last thing I say on the subject because this is a circular conversation in the making.  

selnor1983 said:
gergroy said:
Goatseye said:
gergroy said:

Hmmm. Isnt Halo 4 the fastest selling Halo aligned for timeframe? Meaning it asnt eroded at all?

it just had a higher front load because of the larger install base.  It won't end up selling more than reach in the long run, so it will be 3rd best selling.  3>reach>4=sales decline.  Not huge, but it is there.  

I'm disappointed. I was expecting an 11/10 from Selnor. :)