By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Selnor1983 Titanfall Review

RolStoppable said:
EB1994 said:
RolStoppable said:

selnor rated Star Wars Kinect a 9/10, so Titanfall is one point better. Do you think that Titanfall is worse or as good as Star Wars Kinect? No? Then the 10/10 for Titanfall is definitely justified.

What? Link...?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4501388

lol, what the hell, star wars kinect is better than mass effect 3!  thats blasphemy!

Around the Network
think-man said:
I knew before I clicked that you would give it a 10/10 lol

I knew before the game launched it would be a 10/10. Someone even had a conversation with him about it

akuseru said:
Stopped reading after Selnor1983...

On a serious note though... I am sure TitanFall is a good game, but if there is no SP, it is not for me. I have moved from Europe to Japan, and all my real life and PSN friends live in Europe or US, making MP games a bit of a miss when it comes to my current gaming habits.

One thing though;
if you Selnor, and other XBOX fans, feel this is "the best online shooter ever", what impact do you think this will have on other exclusive shooters on XONE, like Halo? I think it is pretty clear, unless something big happens, that TitanFall eventually will go multiplat starting from TF2. So my question is; do you guys feel that TitanFall might disrupt the Halo community on XBOX and divide the shooter scene? Of course the next Halo might even be better than TF, but I personally think MS is shooting themself in the foot a little here, backing a 3rd party game that is a direct competitor to their biggest franchise, and has a good chance of eating into the sales of the next Halo.

halo has already had some marketshare eaten up by call of duty and other shooters.  Another big shooter will take another small slice of the pie.  However, the core halo audience probably buy all these shooters anyway, so there will always be a market for halo...

akuseru said:
Stopped reading after Selnor1983...

On a serious note though... I am sure TitanFall is a good game, but if there is no SP, it is not for me. I have moved from Europe to Japan, and all my real life and PSN friends live in Europe or US, making MP games a bit of a miss when it comes to my current gaming habits.

One thing though;
if you Selnor, and other XBOX fans, feel this is "the best online shooter ever", what impact do you think this will have on other exclusive shooters on XONE, like Halo? I think it is pretty clear, unless something big happens, that TitanFall eventually will go multiplat starting from TF2. So my question is; do you guys feel that TitanFall might disrupt the Halo community on XBOX and divide the shooter scene? Of course the next Halo might even be better than TF, but I personally think MS is shooting themself in the foot a little here, backing a 3rd party game that is a direct competitor to their biggest franchise, and has a good chance of eating into the sales of the next Halo.

Halo is lucky that its SP is one of the few awesome SP FPS stories out there. But after Titanfall its MP needs attention. TF MP is that good.

gergroy said:

halo has already had some marketshare eaten up by call of duty and other shooters.  Another big shooter will take another small slice of the pie.  However, the core halo audience probably buy all these shooters anyway, so there will always be a market for halo...

I doubt you rationale. COD is a better pick up and play game.

Halo learning curve is steeper. Plus Halo sells consoles more than anything when it comes out.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
RolStoppable said:
EB1994 said:
RolStoppable said:

selnor rated Star Wars Kinect a 9/10, so Titanfall is one point better. Do you think that Titanfall is worse or as good as Star Wars Kinect? No? Then the 10/10 for Titanfall is definitely justified.

What? Link...?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4501388

lol, what the hell, star wars kinect is better than mass effect 3!  thats blasphemy!

Yep. ME3 was the worst in the Trilogy for me. And SW Kinect was awesome with my daughter and Wife. Had so much fun.

JayWood2010 said:
selnor1983 said:
My scores are based soley on fun. Nothing else. Thats the reason we play videogames.

I understand your score and all but reviews are for the reader.  Anytime you make something you need to be true to yourself, after all it is an opinion, but you also need to be true to the people youre making it for.  Personally i think if your going to do it off of fun then you need to just remove the number system and base it off of a thumbs down or thumbs up system.

I think this is solid advice. But i think selnor definitly likes some of the controversy too (in this particular thread its completely fine and he isnt breakingany rules. Its when he gets involved in PS vs MS that gets him in trouble). Without that controversial publicity I think these threads would die rather quickly.

Goatseye said:
gergroy said:

I doubt you rationale. COD is a better pick up and play game.

Halo learning curve is steeper. Plus Halo sells consoles more than anything when it comes out.

thats funny, I feel the exact opposite about the games, but whatever.  It's not really hard to see that halo's marketshare has eroded somewhat.  Either through saturation of the franchise or from the shooter market as a whole. 

also, of course halo sells the most consoles, its the biggest exclusive shooter out there... not really sure what that has to do with what I said.  I did say Halo would always have a market, didn't I?  

selnor1983 said:
gergroy said:

Yep. ME3 was the worst in the Trilogy for me. And SW Kinect was awesome with my daughter and Wife. Had so much fun.

ugh, you are dead to me Selnor!  I actually loved mass effect 3, thought it was the best of the trilogy and the trilogy as a whole was the best game of all time!!  Yes, better than titanfall!... But I guess you can have your opinion... it just means you are dead to me!

Max King of the Wild said:
JayWood2010 said:
selnor1983 said:
My scores are based soley on fun. Nothing else. Thats the reason we play videogames.

I understand your score and all but reviews are for the reader.  Anytime you make something you need to be true to yourself, after all it is an opinion, but you also need to be true to the people youre making it for.  Personally i think if your going to do it off of fun then you need to just remove the number system and base it off of a thumbs down or thumbs up system.

I think this is solid advice. But i think selnor definitly likes some of the controversy too (in this particular thread its completely fine and he isnt breakingany rules. Its when he gets involved in PS vs MS that gets him in trouble). Without that controversial publicity I think these threads would die rather quickly.

Ive always considered the existing review system broken. I prefered magazines like Total 64 that didnt do brreakdowns etc for their scores.