By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTX TITAN Z announced $2999

I already have 3 on preorder with nvidia... god help me

Around the Network
lucidium said:

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

You're crazy.

Yeesh, I don't even think my collective upgrades on this current PC have gotten to even $2k yet. I think I can wait a few years for something like this xD

ironmanDX said:
lucidium said:

You're crazy.

You want screenshots of my developer accounts APAC order?, go check PC screenshots thread for the 8K screenshots I posted running on 3 way titan blacks.

lucidium said:
ironmanDX said:
lucidium said:

You're crazy.

You want screenshots of my developer accounts APAC order?, go check PC screenshots thread for the 8K screenshots I posted running on 3 way titan blacks.

I've already been in that thread and sen your wife's (was it gf, pretty sure it was wife...?) 128gb of ram machine.... Now this. It just bows my mind.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
lucidium said:

Why would you pre-order 3 of them? You can't use more than two. It's a dual-GPU, bud.

For gaming no, but you can use three in one system for compute and that's the main purpose I'm buying them

Well, this card might at least last until the end of this gen :D

Hoping for 3840x2160@60p@Maxed out in every game probably pointless, even for that money, nobody going to use even third of it's resources anyway, welcome to pc world.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.
CGI-Quality said:
lucidium said:
CGI-Quality said:
lucidium said:

Why would you pre-order 3 of them? You can't use more than two. It's a dual-GPU, bud.

For gaming no, but you can use three in one system for compute and that's the main purpose I'm buying them

I'm not talking about gaming, I mean PERIOD! The 690 is basically the same (even flatter) and it could not go above Quad (two physical cards). Frankly, I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it in action, and I never say stuff like that. You're claiming 6-way SLI, which is, currently, not possible.

You can do a lot when not bound by the usual limits of gaming configurations.

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/radeon_city.jpg

CGI-Quality said:
lucidium said:
CGI-Quality said:
lucidium said:

I'm not talking about gaming, I mean PERIOD! The 690 is basically the same (even flatter) and it could not go above Quad (two physical cards). Frankly, I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it in action, and I never say stuff like that. You're claiming 6-way SLI, which is, currently, not possible.

You can do a lot when not bound by the usual limits of gaming configurations.

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/radeon_city.jpg

I don't see anything running on a screen. Regardless, I've never heard of being able to 6-way SLI cards (again, outside of gaming rigs - which is what I've been talking about all this time, since I don't build sole gaming rigs anymore), and I'm buying this card for one of the same reasons you are. 

Nothing personal, but I remain firm on needing to see in action to believe it, so I'll just rest at that.

Edit: Perhaps there's a non-SLI way of doing this, but I've never seen/heard of it. Be truly unprecedented if true, and I'll happily eat my words.

You're confusing sli limitations with GPU usage limitations.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61103-8-gtx-680s-multiple-gpu-workstation.html

Its possible to string as many GPUs as the board has ports to house them.

Of you're really nuts you can go here and buy an 8 Tesla setup.

http://exxactcorp.com/index.php/solution/solu_list/4

April fools?

Nah... I can actually see some PC "enthusiasts" buying this thing lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.