By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Store slashes the price of Xbox One to $449.99 USD

A few days ago, Microsoft dropped the price of their Xbox One Titanfall bundle to $449.99. We are now receiving reports that the Microsoft has slashed $50 off their entire line of Xbox One units.

As of now, the Xbox One Titanfall Edition and Xbox One with Forza Motorsport 5 both are running $449.99 at the Microsoft Store and a few other retailers..

In addition to the two major bundles being slashed in the United States, Microsoft has also reduced the cost of their Xbox One Complete Bundle, Xbox One Ultimate Bundle, and Xbox One Play and Charge Bundle all by around $50.

Microsoft’s Xbox One entertainment console has made unprecedented sales and surpassed the sales rate of its processor, the Xbox 360. As of now, we are unsure if Microsoft is simply putting their console on sale for a short period or if the Xbox One is receiving a permanent price drop. We have reached out to Microsoft for an official comment.

To view the current Xbox One bundles, click here to visit the Microsoft Store.

Source: Microsoft Store

http://www.wpcentral.com/microsoft-store-slashes-xbox-one-price

Around the Network

Nice. Here is hoping they stick to that. $450 with a game, the most fully featured console on the market, and a continued strong marketing push should make MS very competitive in the USA.

Still need to launch in more countries and bring out Europe-centric content though.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Omg, so its actually official? Is this the quickest price cut in the history of console gaming I wonder since the wiiU had a price cut around October? (The super failed consoles don't count)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Dropping price : "oh its not desperation its just one retailer! Its not like an official drop or anything

Manufacturer drops the price on their own website, what now?

Sorry MS still not buying it, that thing should cost at least 100 less than the PS4, the hardware design and games that it current has it absolutely does not compensate the 450 price tag.

Around the Network

Already? o0
I thought they'd wait for E3.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Omg, so its actually official? Is this the quickest price cut in the history of console gaming I wonder since the wiiU had a price cut around October? (The super failed consoles don't count)

At this point it is painfully obvious Microsoft are worried about its retail performance.

mind said:
Already? o0
I thought they'd wait for E3.

Yea, I was picking E3 also.

petroleo said:
Sorry MS still not buying it, that thing should cost at least 100 less than the PS4, the hardware design and games that it current has it absolutely does not compensate the 450 price tag.

Completely ignores Kinect....

petroleo said:

I just don't get this thinking.  Sure, if it isn't your cup of tea you won't buy it.

But there is no pretending it doesn't have more features than the PS4, better retail games right now, and a very pleasant aesthetic.

There is absolutely no reason, for what you get, this console should be cheaper than the PS4.  If all you care about is having 900p instead of 720p, or 1080p instead of 900p, then get a PS4.  But your not caring about some of the One's cool games and features doesn't suddenly mean they don't exist.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS