By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 hardware sales jump 106% on InFamous: Second Son launch

Simple fact that Sony brought in a lot of stock to co-inside with inFamous

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
This on top of the 72% or whatever it went up last week, as well, I'm guessing?

So it would seem.

Kresnik said:

Wondering the same but it looks like it. That would mean a really good week.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Munkeh111 said:
Simple fact that Sony brought in a lot of stock to co-inside with inFamous

you can always tell the lhe guys who have been here a while. We know how the patterns work and a large increase for a soldout console has nothing to do with a game that was released but rather unmet depand.

Best example I can think off. When SSBB came out in 08 the Wii had a large increase is sales. But, it had little to do with SSBB and more to do with the fact it was soild out and nintendo shipped more Wiiis to coincide w/ SSBB,

This is an interesting parrallel. Titanfall cleary sold some XB1s (we will never know how many, some bought an XB1 for TF before it came out, some may tet buy an XB1 for the TF) we will never know if Infamous is a system seller because we dont know if sales now are unmet demand or increased demand for InSS.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Kresnik said:

Alleged 72%. According to VGC numbers whole of Europe is only up 2K for PS4 on the previous week. So if there was a 72% increase in the UK it means a substantial decrease in the rest of Europe.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:

Alleged 72%. According to VGC numbers whole of Europe is only up 2K for PS4 on the previous week. So if there was a 72% increase in the UK it means a substantial decrease in the rest of Europe.

I agree that the numbers are still alleged at this point, but that doesn't mean there was a "substantial" drop off in Europe.

PS4 sold ~ 6k in UK the week before the alleged increase.

6000 / 100 = 60 * 72 = 4320

2k increase already accounted for, so you only need a ~ 2k drop off in the rest of Europe and that accounts for it.  2k fluxuation isn't really "substantial", especially considering stock situation.

Didin't someone say there was a 75% increase last week and then the chart came out with no increase? Or is it suposed to be on the next chart?

binary solo said:
Kresnik said:

not really

according to VGC it was at ~6k in uk the week before titanfall, so with a 72% increase it should be at 10.3k, meaning a 2.3k decrease for the rest of europe - I wouldn't call that "substantial"

Zero999 said:

Didin't someone say there was a 75% increase last week and then the chart came out with no increase? Or is it suposed to be on the next chart?

Chart hasn't come out yet.

Infamous+mgs gz effect

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m