By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 hardware sales jump 106% on InFamous: Second Son launch

More likely it jumped on stock increases ;)

Amiright guys? Eh?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Using VGC numbers....

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
If things continue this way, PS4 is going to strengthen its leadership, one title at a time, but it won't "destroy" XBOne, because the latter will do like PS3 in 7th gen, reaching and keeping a very good selling 2nd place, and it will do it one title at a time too. Ninty should take note, because dedicating and SHOWING the same commitment to Wii U as Sony and MS do with their new consoles, it could sell a lot better and at least end this gen with a decent selling 3rd place, if not resist without ceding 2nd place until the end.

Anyhow, this 106% sales boost will make many hater pandas sad.

Would be true if Xbox was anything like Playstation. With their current policies, not a chance in hell, and PlayStation is going further rather than remaining stagnant. It will be significantly harder for the XB1 then it was for the PS3. Like if the X360 was Vega and PS3 was Ryu, PS4 would be Akuma/M.Bison and XB1 would be Ken.

Well, apart trying to be positive, for the whole gaming market sake, I also think MS will have to eventually give up its worst policies, and with Ballmer gone I think it will be easier, that lardball can be more amusing than the best comedians, if you haven't to depend on him, but he's a greedy bastard and a paranoid control freak, with him as CEO MS was increasingly trying to control its users in every thing they do with their devices and on the net. If MS wants XBOne to succeed, and I'm sure it does, it must change its attitude and reverse its policies back to XB360 at most for what concerns users freedom limitations. This said, XBOne had one of the best launches ever for a console that isn't generation leader, and we see it can have good boosts from big games even now that it's still quite expensive, so its outlook, despite worse than PS4's one, and by quite a large measure, is nevertheless very good. But I agree with you that MS can still ruin this outlook if it tries other stupidly greedy and/or domineering things.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

bigjon said:
Munkeh111 said:
Simple fact that Sony brought in a lot of stock to co-inside with inFamous

you can always tell the lhe guys who have been here a while. We know how the patterns work and a large increase for a soldout console has nothing to do with a game that was released but rather unmet depand.

Best example I can think off. When SSBB came out in 08 the Wii had a large increase is sales. But, it had little to do with SSBB and more to do with the fact it was soild out and nintendo shipped more Wiiis to coincide w/ SSBB,

This is an interesting parrallel. Titanfall cleary sold some XB1s (we will never know how many, some bought an XB1 for TF before it came out, some may tet buy an XB1 for the TF) we will never know if Infamous is a system seller because we dont know if sales now are unmet demand or increased demand for InSS.

True, but for marketing purposes it's good for Sony anyway, depending on its needs it will be able to spin it in favour of Infamous or of PS4 HW sales unrelated to it. Insteead we should ask ourselves if we're awake or asleep, lately Sony is making too few marketing mistakes!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

To all those that thought that titanfall was the xbox one's savior. I give sales 11 days after launch...