By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dualshock 4, the GREATEST controller of all time.

Is the Dualshck 4 the greatest controller of all time.

Dualshock 4 446 47.00%

Sega Dreamcast Controller 21 2.21%

NES Controller 18 1.90%

Dualshock 3 27 2.85%

XBox 360 Controller 191 20.13%

N64 Controller 34 3.58%

Sega Genesis 6 Button Controller 4 0.42%

Other 208 21.92%

Total:949
gergroy said:
sabastian said:
Looks like the DS4 is the clear winner so far................

I think Sony has a winner on their hands.

From your poll?  That doesnt even include the wii u gamepad or x1 controller?  Hmmm..... 

Good call.

But we still do have the "OTHER" option. ANd even with that, the totals are still way short of the DS4 totals.

Around the Network

Xbox One's controller is the best one followed by Wii U pro controller and Xbox 360 controller. Then goes whatever you want.

sabastian said:
VitroBahllee said:
Slade6alpha said:
I feel the Xbox One controller is the best, but I respect your opinion. Sony did wonders with the DS4; love the improved analog sticks and triggers. It will definitely rank high once I use it more.

Yeah, why was the Xbox One controller left off?

Good question.

Most gamers that I spoke to were not too keen on the new XBox controller. They did not see much improvements other than the rumble in the triggers.

How do you improve perfection?

Its okay however Xbox has and always had the superior controller.

sabastian said:
gergroy said:

From your poll?  That doesnt even include the wii u gamepad or x1 controller?  Hmmm..... 

Good call.

But we still do have the "OTHER" option. ANd even with that, the totals are still way short of the DS4 totals.

yes, because if people don't see the option they want they probably aren't going to bother with "other".  Also, this site generally has way more sony users that visit it as well.  

don't get me wrong, I like the ds4.  Good improvement over ds3.  However, your poll is pretty much meaningless as it doesn't even include the primary competitors and is sampling an incredibly biased pool.  

Around the Network
gergroy said:
sabastian said:
gergroy said:

Good call.

yes, because if people don't see the option they want they probably aren't going to bother with "other".  Also, this site generally has way more sony users that visit it as well.  

don't get me wrong, I like the ds4.  Good improvement over ds3.  However, your poll is pretty much meaningless as it doesn't even include the primary competitors and is sampling an incredibly biased pool.  

I truly value your opinion.

The options in the poll was to elaborate many controllers that were a step different in their respective consoles. The XBOne controller IMO was not that big of an inprovement fron the XB360 controller. But again, if that was the case, the other option is always a welcomed selection. 

The Xbone has a better grip to me but their bumper and trigger are too close. Grip aside I like the PS4 controller better by leaps and bounds. If MS could learn to implement the D-Pad the way Sony does, oh that would be so great! DS4 all the way!

sabastian said:
gergroy said:
sabastian said:

Good call.

The options in the poll was to elaborate many controllers that were a step different in their respective consoles. The XBOne controller IMO was not that big of an inprovement fron the XB360 controller. But again, if that was the case, the other option is always a welcomed selection. 

And yet, you didnt include the wii u gamepad or wii controller...

sabastian said:
gergroy said:
sabastian said:
gergroy said:

Good call.

That is the problem. Just because something has been vastly improved doesn't make it the best. It just proves how terrible the DS3 was. The reason why the XB1 controller hasn't changed much is because of how good the 30 controller was.

Ok I've wanted to ask fellow ps4 owners this, and this is the perfect thread to do so. I have my wiiu and ps4 next to each other in my living room. I have a long hdmi cable that goes into my bedroom for gaming in the sack on my 55" bedroom LCD....

My wiiu game pad has no problem playing in my room, while the console is in the living room... However, my dual shock 4 has trouble from the same distance, with the console in the living room as well... Has any one else had this problem?

I expected the ps4 controller to be able to maintain a solid connection from further away than the wiiu pad, but it doesn't... My x360 controller never had this issue.. It's pissing me off, and is very disappointing..

There is only about 15 ft. From where they both are to the bedroom. Is my dual shock 4 the problem? I'd hate to buy another just to blow $60 on a new one that does the same thing. I appreciate any honest input from fellow owners... Thanks guys.

edit: x360 controller is my all time fav. But, since the dual shock 4 is physically larger than the ds3, it's a very good controller too. But, the 360 controller is better, as I like the left stick position better, but, the ds4 is now a very close second, and I have no real complaints about it. You get used to the stick position, but just prefer the stick to be in the place of the useless cross pad.