By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dualshock 4, the GREATEST controller of all time.

Is the Dualshck 4 the greatest controller of all time.

Dualshock 4 446 47.00%

Sega Dreamcast Controller 21 2.21%

NES Controller 18 1.90%

Dualshock 3 27 2.85%

XBox 360 Controller 191 20.13%

N64 Controller 34 3.58%

Sega Genesis 6 Button Controller 4 0.42%

Other 208 21.92%

Total:949
d21lewis said:
People say the X! controller messed up the bumpers (L1/R1 for you non Xbox players). I disagree. Now I can press them without even reaising my fingers off of triggers! Pretty clever design in my opinion.

Since I almost never play FPS shooters and haven't played one on the X1 yet the shoulder buttons are no problem for me works fine with DR3 and Forza 5 (the rumble triggers are nice for this game).  As a matter of fact the L1 and R1 buttom seem more durable on the X1 controller compared to the 360 where I have one controller where the R1 button doesn't work properly anymore.

Around the Network

Xbox 360 is fitting. Next I would of went with other.

Looks like the DS4 is the clear winner so far................

I think Sony has a winner on their hands.

d21lewis said:
People say the X! controller messed up the bumpers (L1/R1 for you non Xbox players). I disagree. Now I can press them without even reaising my fingers off of triggers! Pretty clever design in my opinion.

Do you own Forza ? If so, how is the new rumble feature that are built into the trigers ?

PigPen said:
Xbox 360 is fitting. Next I would of went with other.

And with other, which controller is it ?

Around the Network

Yep and by far. Only thing I wish is a more like xb1 analog (just the thumb, not the system as ps4 are more precise).

Trigger are perfectly positioned and shaped and the "bumper" can be easily reached whie it doesnt feel natural to reach them on xbone.

The sound out of the controller is great, like audio log in TR or the way it is used in second son, it add to the immersion. Its also one more button available which is great.

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

Was wondering if Sony implemented DS4 controls into PS2 digital games ? That would be extra awesome.

Im wondering what new DS4 features games like Driveclub and The Order will feature

Haven't held a DualShock 4 yet, so I can't really say, but for me probably not.

If all the older controllers are anything to go by, it'll be another instance where I need to get a PlayStation console in spite of that controller. It's always been the PS's weakness to me, but I like a lot of the games too much. Never liked the 'mushy' buttons, 'floppy' analogue sticks that are in the wrong place, too small and too thin (and I don't even have big hands). On top of that I thought they've always felt kind of cheaply made to me because they 'squeak'.

The DS4 does seem to be the first substantial upgrade though since the controller's introduction so maybe it's indeed finally better now.

I wouldn't know which controller I'd rank as my favorite one however. Personally, I've always liked the N64 controller because every button I'd want was exactly where I wanted them to be. If I were to really test each controller right now side-by-side though, I don't know if it would win.

S.Peelman said:

Haven't held a DualShock 4 yet, so I can't really say, but for me probably not.

If all the older controllers are anything to go by, it'll be another instance where I need to get a PlayStation console in spite of that controller. It's always been the PS's weakness to me, but I like a lot of the games too much. Never liked the 'mushy' buttons, 'floppy' analogue sticks that are in the wrong place, too small and too thin (and I don't even have big hands). On top of that I thought they've always felt kind of cheaply made to me because they 'squeak'.

The DS4 does seem to be the first substantial upgrade though since the controller's introduction so maybe it's indeed finally better now.

I wouldn't know which controller I'd rank as my favorite one however. Personally, I've always liked the N64 controller because every button I'd want was exactly where I wanted them to be. If I were to really test each controller right now side-by-side though, I don't know if it would win.

Yeh, there are allot of good controllers in history. N64 was not one of my favorite. DS3 was really good, DS2 was better, but the DS4 feels soooo good.