By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who are your favorite Male actors of this decade?

I was very entertained by the Transporter movies, and Crank wasn't that bad...there's always a place for those kinds of movies....just not on the top of my lists.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Hugh Laurie is great, he needs to be in more movies as a serious actor.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@Mummelmann

Ive seen Wasabi with Jean Reno... does that count for anything. And i forgot how awesome Equilibrium was. I need to dig that movie out and watch it again. Thanks Mummelmann!!!

How come no one's mentioned Heath Ledger, not just because of the recent tragic circumstances but alsobecause of his truly excellent movies ( the patriot , brokeback and the upcoming release Dark knight which has been described as defining)

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

Favourites:

- Jason Stathem (Transporter, Crank)
- Sly Stallone (Rambo)
- Christian Bale (3:10 to Yuma, Batman Begins)
- Matt Damon (Bourne Series, Oceans 11)
- Denzel Washington (Several films)
- Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean)
- Bruce Willis (Die Hard)

Least Favourite:

- Will Ferrell - He was good for a while, but all his roles are the exact same character just with a different storyline. Same humour in every movie of his.

Around the Network

Heath Ledger almost made it in my top five.

GooseGaws said:

Your post left me with the unfortunate knowledge that Crank 2 is forthcoming. Thanks a lot. :(

OP: Hmm.... in the interest of adding someone different than those mentioned, I'll throw in Simon Pegg, a great comic actor.

Yeah, I just saw Run Fatboy Run last night! Brilliant!

@Coolestguyever; Will Ferrell is truly overrated, I never found him funny, just cheesy and childish. Much like Adam Sandler in the early days, the only old Adam Sandler film is Happy Gilmore imo.

Oh, and I just remembered another fantastic actor; Tim Robbins! He's incredible...

@crabmaster; you should see Leon with Jean Reno, its also Natalie Portmans film debut as I understood it. Great movie! Man was I let down by Ultraviolet... All the things that made Equilibrium cool was overused and smashed to bits, much like Matrix 2 and especially 3.

But, if you guys want truly great acting, see Hercules in New York with Arnold or Heman with Dolph Lundgren.

Christian Bale
Nicolas Cage
Hugh Jackman
Ryan Reynolds
Jackie Chan
Tony Ja

Probably more, but these seem to be the most memorable for me :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

How has noone mentioned Will Smith?? He can do comedy, action, drama, horror, suspense, romance, and just plain feel-good movies, and be convincing in every one. In the past 8 years, he's given us I Am Legend, MIB 2, Hitch, Bad Boys, I Robot, and The Pursuit of Happyness.

There are probably more that I'm forgetting, and that's not even beginning to touch some of his pre-2000 classics (since we're only talking about this decade)

He's also one of the few rappers that doesn't have to use 'f*ck', 'b*tch', 'c*ck' or a your momma joke every five seconds. Remember the Fresh Prince theme? Classic!

By far my favourite actor, since he's so versatile, and he's such a pure, likeable guy. Definitely my favourite actor of all time.

Second place goes to Samuel L. Jackson. His kick-assery in Episode 3 skyrocketed his position in my mind, because no one can match him when it comes to pure 'don't piss me off'-ness. I even enjoyed Snakes on a Plane because he made it funny.

Honourable mentions go to Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, and most likely Heath Ledger after seeing the trailers for Dark Knight (god rest his soul).

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Yah Will smith for sure, I think he's awesome, I'm just not sure if I'd have to go see a movie because he's in it y'know :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.