By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW+SW 15th march. XB1>PS4. TitanFall XB 900k! Dark Souls 800K! PS4 67%+ in UK!

Titanfall really helped Microsoft!!! This was expected and I will get my XBox One next month ;)

Around the Network

sully1311 said:

~80K overtracked

2,335 - 2,218 = 117k overtracked.

ethomaz said:

sully1311 said:

~80K overtracked

2,335 - 2,218 = 117k overtracked.

If you see where I bolded, it was the PS4 figures. It's a bit more than 30k.

Whoa! Really nice boost for One! And a good opening for Titanfall, this will spawn several sequels for sure.

sully1311 said:

If you see where I bolded, it was the PS4 figures. It's a bit more than 30k.

Ohhhhhh sorry... I see it now... thanks.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
thismeintiel said:
Interesting numbers. I suspect One is about right. However, it's quite obvious the PS4 is undertracked, at least in the US. The UK saw a 72% boost in just because of new stock, yet the PS4 is selling less than February numbers when it's quite clear that stores are getting much more stock? Not a chance, lol.

That UK claim was from 1 retail source of Chris Dring's. Not confirmed by anyone yet.

logic dictates this theory too. If the PS4 is still selling out (running out of stock before resupply arrives) now it should be sell more than it did in FEB (in the west) because Sony held 3-400k for Japan in FEB.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Skeeuk said:
Xboxone will massively drop off next week

Oh of course it will and only because you say so...Remember though, the week subsequent to the Titanfall launch is marked with a discount of the Titanfall/Console bundal at many outlets.  This may in fact sustain the spike a little longer than one would think, or in the case for some, -hope for ;)

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

3sexty said:
Skeeuk said:
Xboxone will massively drop off next week

Oh of course it will and only because you say so...Remember though, the week subsequent to the Titanfall launch is marked with a discount of the Titanfall/Console bundal at many outlets.  This may in fact sustain the spike a little longer than one would think, or in the case for some, -hope for ;)

True, people will be yelling overtracked from the mountaintops and the real explanation is this post here.

jlmurph2 said:
Aura7541 said:
Increase of X1 in US was anticipated. The bigger question is how long can the X1 maintain that kind of performance, especially when Infamous just came out and Sony put a lot of PS4's in stock when Titanfall was out.

It's great that the X1 finally broke 100k, but after Titanfall, what else is there in the near future? Quantum Break still doesn't have a clear release date nor does Halo 5. In contrast, the PS4 is getting FFXIV next month, Driveclub, Shadow of the Beast, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, and The Order.

26+ ID@XBOX games including IDARB, Super Time Force and Strike Suit Zero. Bigger indies like Below and D4. 3rd party games. Kinect Sports Rivals, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, possible Forza Horizon 2 + Halo 2 Anniversary and more games to announce at E3

Near future, though. A lot of the mentioned games have not gotten release dates yet.

Aura7541 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Aura7541 said:
Increase of X1 in US was anticipated. The bigger question is how long can the X1 maintain that kind of performance, especially when Infamous just came out and Sony put a lot of PS4's in stock when Titanfall was out.

It's great that the X1 finally broke 100k, but after Titanfall, what else is there in the near future? Quantum Break still doesn't have a clear release date nor does Halo 5. In contrast, the PS4 is getting FFXIV next month, Driveclub, Shadow of the Beast, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, and The Order.

26+ ID@XBOX games including IDARB, Super Time Force and Strike Suit Zero. Bigger indies like Below and D4. 3rd party games. Kinect Sports Rivals, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, possible Forza Horizon 2 + Halo 2 Anniversary and more games to announce at E3

Near future, though. A lot of the mentioned games have not gotten release dates yet.

Every one of those are within the next 8 months.