By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announced Virtual Reality for WiiU @GDC !!!

bananaking21 said:
Slade6alpha said:
wtf? The gamepad displays at 480p?
Could have sworn it was 720p, where have I been?

its harder to see a difference in res on a screen that small. its why i believe smartphones that use 1080p screens are full of shit. res starts to matter and be noticable more when it comes to screens that are around 15" or so. well, i never really focused on tablets so not so sure about 9" screens or so. 

Distance is a factor too remember, you hold a phone a lot closer than you sit from a TV. I'm certainly not a resolution whore (only just got our first 1080p TV due to our old one breaking) but on something like a phone where I am browsing/reading rather than watching I think resolution matters....A phone screen might be held only 30-40cm away from your face, so it's a similar angular size to a TV. Tablets and computer screens have a much larger angular size than both, so they need even higher resolutions to be similarly sharp.

Around the Network

I'm disappointed. I was expecting some sort of Virtual Boy troll thread....Rol would have done better

A better value than the Virtual Boy? That remains to be seen.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

RolStoppable said:
Thank god this was a joke.

WiiU performance is close to that of Virtual Boy.

Teh future is nar

Around the Network

Move over Oculus Rift and Morpheus, the future is here!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Nintendo and their gimmicks...lol

I knew it.

EricFabian said:
The Glory of 3D 480p 60fps

Ha ha ha.

It looks a bit rushed, but this could be their big break. Do we have any information yet about the quality? The design looks like it allows some light to bleed in from the side, how did they solve that problem? This could be huge if they found a easy solution for that.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’