By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Infamous is a flop: why did Sucker Punch fail?

drkohler said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Justagamer said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Justagamer said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Sucker Punch only have themselves to blame. If they'd removed the story, made sure the framerate drops regularly, added tearing and made it online only, the scores would have been much better.

Thats funny. Thank you for the laugh. Lol, so true. Stupid sucker punch.

If they had also made it unavailable in Africa, it would have got 5/5 from Sessler.

Lol... what score did stiffler give it?

3/5 and if you listen to the review, you can see he had issues with Sony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVM929Y-7o

Isn't this the jerk who threw a tantrum when he didn't get a free PS4?

Yeah he's fairly dependable to overrate Microsoft and underrate Sony. I remember when real Xbox fans like Angry Joe were giving MS the deserved middle finger for the DRM reveal (that helped convince them to fix it), Sessler was still a shill for Microsoft.

Infamous definitely doesn't seem like a 5/5, but not a 3/5 either. Just like Titanfall isn't a 5/5, but isn't a 3/5 either. You can always tell the fanboys in the review world by how they slant things depending on which brand is on the box. Guaranteed if Titanfall was a Sony exclusive, he would have harped on the weaknesses and given it 2/5 or 3/5, while giving ISS a 5/5 GOTY.

In short, he's worthless garbage.

Around the Network

Too bad! Mario games always had no 'story' but gameplay was enough to put the game on 90+ on metacritic.

spurgeonryan said:
Zappykins said:
Ah, oh, well. I'm more surprised by Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero lower score.

I am not surprised. 10 minutes of play time.... unless you go for extras.

(Sobbing) but it looked so good at E3.  Then those gameplay trailers came out and it didn't look so good anymore.

Dissapointed, hope people can enjoy it or Infamous.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

fps_d0minat0r said:
fatslob-:O said:
sales2099 said:
At least we can finally agree that X1 has the better library at the moment.

Both of them don't have anything worthwhile at the moment so I don't see the point in your cheerleading ...

the start of the generation is the only time xbox fans can cheerlead lol.

once the timed exclusives wash away and Sony bring out the games on long developement cycles, its over.

They still haven't learned from last gen.

Zappykins said:
spurgeonryan said:
Zappykins said:
Ah, oh, well. I'm more surprised by Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero lower score.

I am not surprised. 10 minutes of play time.... unless you go for extras.

(Sobbing) but it looked so good at E3.  Then those gameplay trailers came out and it didn't look so good anymore.

Dissapointed, hope people can enjoy it or Infamous.

The only part of Infamous which devs didn't really like was the story and the tying in of the decisions affecting the story.

Around the Network
babuks said:
Too bad! Mario games always had no 'story' but gameplay was enough to put the game on 90+ on metacritic.

Yes, but much like Titanfall when you balance storyline and gameplay in a game within a genre which provides both if one lacks it affects the score. Infamous was actually praised for its gameplay over the story portion.

Braking news! As of this thread very good=flop. Now I wonder if the thread itself is a flop.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

ironmanDX said:
HipHopGodd said:
Yup, 86 is a masterpiece and 81 is a total disaster. Seems like guys who's console of choice will never win a generation are just posting crap out of anger now. Last I checked an 81 is a B average. Same goes for an 86. You guys wanted Titanfall to rate above 90 and sell countless XBOX Ones but when neither happened you need something to point your aggression and sadness toward. It's actually quite sad lol.

This thread wasn't made by an MS fan... Why even bring MS and Titanfall into this?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

We should discuss why this thread is a flop. The answer is: It's too stupid to be serious and it's not funny at all to be trolling. 2 out of 10 "uninspired".

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ironmanDX said:
HipHopGodd said:
Yup, 86 is a masterpiece and 81 is a total disaster. Seems like guys who's console of choice will never win a generation are just posting crap out of anger now. Last I checked an 81 is a B average. Same goes for an 86. You guys wanted Titanfall to rate above 90 and sell countless XBOX Ones but when neither happened you need something to point your aggression and sadness toward. It's actually quite sad lol.

This thread wasn't made by an MS fan... Why even bring MS and Titanfall into this?

I thought Titanfall was in the OP???? Yeah I checked it was lol. So it was in it from the beginning then lol. Which is no big deal seeing as it was a joke thread that somehow turned into what it is now lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23