By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So Infamous is a flop: why did Sucker Punch fail?

Why are people mentioning TitanFall in this thread? Funny some people saying that it was only hyped up by sony fanboys even though most people I've heard were in the "will wait for infamous" before buying a PS4 (including previous 360 only owners). This is why reviewers should remove scores and go with a Kotaku like review where if you want to know if the game is good, you actually gotta *gasp* read the review. 80s a bad score/flop, that's ridiculous.

Around the Network
iceland said:
Thought this going to be the highest scoring infamous game, still has a good chance of being the best selling one.

This is pretty much confirmed lol..Can easily get 3m+ sales.

Wait until Batman or Destiny, and them you'll see true Next Gen games.

lehamsy said:
Wait until Batman or Destiny, and them you'll see true Next Gen games.

Why wait when I already see how amazing InFamous is? 

ps3-sales! said:

Simple question, difficult answer. With the recent metacritic reviews coming in Infamous Second Son has an average of 81; or a flop by AAA game standards. Where did Sucker Punch go wrong? It's obvious that the 54 critics on metacritic all agreed with one thing: The story sucks. 

It's a shame really. But I guess with Titanfall failing to be a great game with a score of 90+, we should have expected this. The next gen simply isn't very next gen if it can't even produce 90+ games on Metacritic because as we all know; great games must have at least a 90+ score to be great. 

Put simply: Infamous: Second Son is a flop; as is Titanfall. I guess we're still waiting for the first truely "next gen game". 

Discuss why Infamous is a flop in your opinion. 

*Disclaimer: I have not played infamous nor Titanfall. I am simply assuming they are bad games based on their subpar 90 meta-scores as most gamers should*

You've been taking lessons from Rolstoppable

Around the Network

The Sessler review is causing some serious bleeding asses over at N4G. Haha, it's delicious.

Edit: Oh god that could be seriously misinterpreted.

ps3-sales! said:
EB1994 said:
ps3-sales! said:

Simple question, difficult answer. With the recent metacritic reviews coming in Infamous Second Son has an average of 81; or a flop by AAA game standards. Where did Sucker Punch go wrong? It's obvious that the 54 critics on metacritic all agreed with one thing: The story sucks. 

It's a shame really. But I guess with Titanfall failing to be a great game with a score of 90+, we should have expected this. The next gen simply isn't very next gen if it can't even produce 90+ games on Metacritic because as we all know; great games must have at least a 90+ score to be great. 

Put simply: Infamous: Second Son is a flop; as is Titanfall. I guess we're still waiting for the first truely "next gen game". 

Discuss why Infamous is a flop in your opinion. 

*Disclaimer: I have not played infamous nor Titanfall. I am simply assuming they are bad games based on their subpar 90 meta-scores as most gamers should*

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/towerfall-ascension

Nu-uh!!! Towerfall Ascension is a 90 metacritic! PS4 GOTY

Towerfall is not a truely next gen game. It was ported from PC and everybody knows PC has no gen.

Not quite.  Towerfall was released on the PS4 the same day it came out on the PC, no different than Titanfall.  If anything you should've said that it came out on the Ouya first.

So a game isn't "next gen" unless it receives at least a 9 out of 10 review score? Who comes up with this shit?

This is why I prefer a well-written review without a score, similar to how Kotaku reviews games. Tell me what you like or don't like about the game, and then let me decide whether to play the game or not. When you add a score, all you do is incite stupid fanboy arguments about whether a meta of 80 is a flop or not.

critics that are giving the game a 3/5 or a 7/10 are saying Second Son doesn't really do anything new, and it really just feels like inFamous.. Like DUH!

I think the fans don't want it to play differently, myself included. So, now we've got reviewers giving negative points for what the fans want.

Its a conspiracy.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5