By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why Final Fantasy 15 can easily run on PS2

Lately I've seen lot's of baseless coments mentioning how FF 15 can't run on PS2.

It was already discussed to hell and back that there is no huge difference between PS2's raw power and xone's/ps4's/wii u's and how PS2 has access to the same shaders/directx11 equivalent/effects, etc... that it's competitors have. there's also the scalability of modern engines, including the one used in FF 15, wich was already described by square as working on a range from high end PC's to smartphones/tablets.

Since none of those basic and clear arguments ended the discussion, I'm showing some (non CGI) pictures of FF 15 and PS2 games, trying to show similar enviroments and situations for ease of comparisson. first:

The Colossus scene was chosen because Shadow of the Colossus features a similar big-like enemy, as well as a close view of it's details. Both scenes show highly detailed models but still not perfect, with "blocky" polygon edges still visible.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Well they did starting making as a PS2 game didn't they lol

lol, I'm crying.

Well played, Doctor. Well played.

Around the Network

FFXV can run on NES. True story

Click HERE and be happy 

think-man said:
Well they did starting making as a PS2 game didn't they lol

Pretty sure they started development on the NES. FF15 was supposed to be the first game.

lol wow

Damn, I don't have any clapping .gifs handy so here. Clap Clap Clap well played lol

Blood_Tears said:
Damn, I don't have any clapping .gifs handy so here. Clap Clap Clap well played lol

Got you buddy!