By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [2014 Worst Company In America](Updated 2) BofA and Monsanto move on; Paypal is out

ICStats said:
I don't get why EA keeps getting this. It's clearly biased due to the kind of people who participate in this vote. Your average joe is far more pissed at Comcast than at EA or MS.

Actually the TV/ISP companies as well as banks have an advantage in a worst company survey.  Nearly everyone hates there bank or cable provider but everyone has different ones were as anyone who plays video games hates EA.

More PS3's have been sold in the USA than any single cable or ISP supplier has customers.

http://www.leichtmanresearch.com/press/031714release.html

http://www.leichtmanresearch.com/press/031414release.html

Around the Network

Is this the ranking where EA won the last years because it seems as if almost only gamers from sites like GAF vote? Then EA and Microsoft will be the last two to stay.

It's funny, video games companies on the same list and compared with ;
-Banks that just ruin the world, not a big deal.
-Monsanto who poison the whole earth with his chemical shits that are everywhere in our food and who use force and private milices to implant itself in many countries.
-And may i ask where the fuck are the oil and gas corporations ? ExxonMobil ??? Oh yeah, they are only responsible of half the wars that ever existed in the last century and still today but hey, at least they don't make bad video games.

Zappykins said:
Where is Gieco the insurance company, United Health, Chick-fil-a and Hewlett Packard? Ok, maybe HP doesn't deserve to be on that list.

Also surprised Sony isn't in there for lying and making things like 'After Earth' and some other terrible movies.

What's wrong with United Health and Chick Fil A ?

Kane1389 said:
Zappykins said:
Where is Gieco the insurance company, United Health, Chick-fil-a and Hewlett Packard? Ok, maybe HP doesn't deserve to be on that list.

Also surprised Sony isn't in there for lying and making things like 'After Earth' and some other terrible movies.

What's wrong with United Health and Chick Fil A ?

United Health care has a long history of canceling patience insurance when they are sick, and most die off before they can do anything about it.

Chick Fil A has spend a great deal of money and time standing for bigotry, dehumanizing of others, promoting violence against and things like the ‘death to gay’ in Uganda.  They are like a modern version of the putrid National Organization Against Women's Suffrage and women like Helen Kendrick Johnson.

You don’t have to support gay or women's rights to realize that imprisoning or executing them is wrong.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
How do they decide which companies are on there? WTF is SeaWorld doing there?

Maybe you should watch Blackfish on Netflix.

One could easily argue that being directly or indirectly responsible of the death and sociale misery of millions of people can't even be compared with a game company. Well obviously these people never struggling to join BF4 servers at it's released.
Video games and EA is DEFINITELY what's going wrong in America and in the world nowadays. And they are going to win like the past 2 years.
(this post may contain a bit of irony)

crissindahouse said:
Is this the ranking where EA won the last years because it seems as if almost only gamers from sites like GAF vote? Then EA and Microsoft will be the last two to stay.

Uh, not even remotely. 

"The Consumerist’s parent company, Consumer Media LLC, is a subsidiary of Consumer Reports, the nation’s leading not-for-profit consumer advocacy organization. Since its founding in 1936, Consumer Reports has fought for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves. To maintain independence and impartiality, CR accepts neither outside advertising nor free samples. It employs a staff of “mystery shoppers” who buy products in retail stores around the country, just as any other buyer would, and then ship them to the Consumer Reports labs, where technical experts test some 3,000 products yearly."

why is ea hated? >:( it has many great games!

aviggo77 said:
why is ea hated? >:( it has many great games!

DLC policy, server issues, etc..  though, I think some companies on that list are far far more reprehensible than EA or Microsoft.  Monsanto would easily be my choice over all companies on this list.