By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [2014 Worst Company In America](Updated 2) BofA and Monsanto move on; Paypal is out

hmm whats the criteria. don't see why successful companies would be on this entailed worst.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Around the Network

As hilarious as a triple turd trophy for EA would be, I'm not sure if they can win it, even with Battlefield 4. Microsoft is worthy, but I don't know if it could win either. Verizon will almost certainly beat Microsoft, and Koch Industries is fucking evil, so they might knock off EA early. If Sallie Mae gets there instead, they'd still stand a chance against EA, from the sheer number of people they've screwed over. Really, EA is up against some very tough competition, if they best the first two rounds, they could be up against two banks or Monsanto. If it gets past that, it'll have Walmart or Bank of America to deal with. EA has hardly improved from previous years, but this year's competition looks like it'll be the toughest yet.

How is Activision not on this list?

Too_Talls said:
hmm whats the criteria. don't see why successful companies would be on this entailed worst.

Success has nothing to do with it. About 95% of all business endeavors fail completely from the beginning, so if financial failure were the criteria, we wouldn't even recognize the companies competing. Also, even if it were limited to established companies, why would it be a vote if the criterion was purely mathematical? The criteria for this contest are corrupt business practices, poor quality service or products, or any damage done to consumers by the company. So Bank of America and other banks always do well thanks to being seen as largely responsible for the current recession we're in, while EA has won the whole contest twice in a row now for many reasons. It's a contest of consumer perception, not financial success.

Where is Gieco the insurance company, United Health, Chick-fil-a and Hewlett Packard? Ok, maybe HP doesn't deserve to be on that list.

Also surprised Sony isn't in there for lying and making things like 'After Earth' and some other terrible movies.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
celador said:
Are Microsoft on the list because of the Xbox division or for something else?

I think probably because of MS in general... honestly, MS leaves a real bad taste in my mouth as company and has for a long time... However, it has very little to do with XBOX if anything at all

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

jamesmarkus87 said:
How is Activision not on this list?

I was asking myself this question last year... or Rockstar with the haps on that noir game...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Probably Monsanto

Go EA! I am rooting for you

shikamaru317 said:
EA and Microsoft are improving, neither deserves it this year imo. Verizon deserves worst company in America this year.

What ? EA improving ? lol

EA should be, atleast on the finals~