By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - An Unbiased Review: Titanfall

Tagged games:

Gameplay: 10
Replay Value: 10
Graphics: 8
Campaign: 2

Overall Score: 9.0

This is the problem I have with reviews. That is looking past a flaw.

Around the Network
ZyroXZ2 said:
J_Allard said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
J_Allard said:
Yeah but most of that content is rehashed, unbalanced, and shit.

If I go to Five Guys I can get a burger and fries for $9. I could go to McDonalds and spend that same $9 and get 20 nuggets, fries, and 2 burgers. I might get more food at McDonalds, but I'll spend time on the toilet later throwing up AIDS out of my butt hole. Titanfall certainly comes with less on day one than some other shooters, but what's there is fucking amazing imho.

Starting to sound just a bit biased here, hahaha

Ghosts did make an attempt to refine and increase the complexity of its multiplayer, which actually worked to an extent.  The multiplayer is no longer run and gun all day long, those players are severely punished in Ghosts, which is why there were so many angry players.  They changed it to require a more tactical approach, and it mostly works, but will require another iteration or so before it reaches a higher level of polish.

Besides, McDonalds and Five Guys both give you massive shits, they're both junk food, lol

We must have played different versions of Ghosts. The one I played was very nice for run n gun. In fact the only element that really discouraged run n gun was the shitty, laughably shitty spawn system. The shitty spawns and lagging dogs ruins any attempts at making the game tactical.

And I thought CoD and BF4 were trash long before Titanfall, so no bias there. Just an honest opinion. Out of the two Ghosts had the most potential but they really need to improve spawns and come up with a new gameplay element to replace the whole killstreak stuff.

That's the thing, they patched up the broken spawning system and it changed the issues dramatically.

I'm not sure what people you played with, but when I played, the guys with the lowest scores just ran around trying to run and gun, and would rage quit and flame about "campers", when more often than not, the "camper" was someone who moved a lot less frantically and would catch the run and gunners in the side or back.  In fact, I was running and gunning when I first started, and was getting my ass handed to me all day long.  I slowed it down, started thinking about my equipment and what worked best on the map, and *BAM*, started reversing my fortunes from then until I put it down!

I haven't played BF4, because I played BF3, and didn't see much value/difference in BF4, haha

Last i played was about 12-13 days aho on Xbone and anout a week ago on PS3 and thats the last time i will touch the game. spawns still suck, shitty killstreaks still dominate games, everyine uses the same gun because theres no balance. 

people might not run and gun as much as past CoD titles but thats only because if you sit in a building and mine it up you have a very low chance of someone spawning behind you and killing you. Where as if you move, you're already dead, guaranteed. But you also got a ton of kills with that playstyle.

Hit Gen 3 tonight. I love how the game gives you special challenges before you can regen. Just another way they make you adapt your play style and utilize all the weapons.

Shit, just missed the elusive "I Killed Them All" achievement today. For those unaware, you have to reach the end of a game you won where the enemy team is trying to evacuate, and you have to kill every enemy. I was on Angel City, I electric smoke one to death trying to rodeo me, then zap on with the railgun and Titan punch the 3rd. Right as the ship arrives I shoot a cluster missile at the building next to it and SURPRISE its splash damage kills 2 more. So one guy is left. Ship takes off, I am bummed out, thinking he made it on there. Right before game goes to lobby I see him run right out in front of me! Fuck.

Also had a stupid moment earlier on another map. Was in a Titan battle and boosted backwards, right off the side of a carrier :(

To be frank I don't know any major fps that could rank lower than COD and BF second lately... I take a halo, TF, team fortress, KZ with just MP one map and one character with 6 weapon over a full COD or BF with all DLC at half the price any day... You'd actually have to pay me to play them and double pay me to rate them above a negative score... Content doesn't make a game... Game play and fun makes a game... Quality over quantity people... Buy an iPad otherwise...

Around the Network

Havent touched it in a while. And I do not feel the need to. I'll revisit sometime but not for now. Screen tear and fps drop (as well as feeling of the game rarely rock solid 60) turned me off badly. Bot are useless and doesnt add anything, annoyance, thats all. The more I think about it the more I wish there was no titan, no bot, pvp only 8v8 would be awesome. Kind of disapointed that the hype died so quickly on me but I'm sure within a few weeks I'll feel the need to play it again and hopefully it will have been improved. 

Not possible for me anymore to play in those conditions. 

even though that game is fun, it cannot re create the feeling I had while playing mw2 and/or first Blops. I really hope they add a titanless mode and fix that graphical mess.

note that is pure opinion based on personnal experience.

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

Sounds like CoD is the game for you.

^this pretty much... You basically want to change the entire core of the game to make it a true COD clone which it is only in color cues right now...
you could also say they should put GOW in first person remove action cover add regular jump and weapon and crouch.... Or say halo should slow down remove aliens, put regular weapons, no shield and regular guns and it would be the same as what you just said...

personally I had 2 real worth noticing frame drop and screen tearing is noticeable if you seat to close from your TV nothing really killing the fun of the game anyway... And without bots or titans it would be super boring like COD, and more player than 8vs8 is either lame or a pure mess in BF for instance unless you play with your team....

to me they completely destroy COD and BF unless you go far back to mwf 2 max (not blood) and BF2 maybe 3 and on PC... To me in MP they can pretend to seat right next the likes of halo, Original CODs, GOW, team fortress, heck even quake arena, UT, CS of back in the days... I haven't had that much fun with an fps outside of those names and certainly not with the bland and stale COD or BF of now a days... Not I consider any modern army FPS really exciting in the first place anyway... I prefer real life paint ball if you ask me...

http://www.titanfall.com/news/we-hate-cheaters-just-as-much-as-you-do

Good news for PC owners, the anti-cheat system is now in place. And it will work a lot like Killer Instinct, if you get caught cheating you get lumped into a playlist where you only play other cheater filth. Idk if you can eventually work your way out like you can in KI.

Thank you based Respawn.

Man I was playing some Hardpoint on Nexus earlier today and a Gen 10 was on my team. I know that just like any other modern shooter, rank and everything typically means you have simply played longer. You aren't guaranteed to be any better than a Gen 1 level 23 guy. So the round starts and I use my stim ability to run towards an objective and this Gen 10 guy jumps onto a wall they put at the spawn, wall runs up it, double jumps across a gap to another short wall on the other side of the street, lands on it and wall jumps up it, flies off of it and is now jumping up the street at a pace about 3 times as fast as I was going stimmed. Made me realize what a huge skill gap the game can have simply in movement. LOL @ "CoD with mechs".

And then the game plays on and you see the guy might move incredibly well, but his gunplay is pretty average so he's really not a great player or anything. This game is really more of a Halo than a CoD when it comes to the mechanics. There is so much potential to just completely embarrass someone with movement and simple tactics that never exists in CoD.

About to hit Gen 5 and the dreaded Gooser challenge. I gotta say the most frustrating one so far for me is the Autopistol. Thing sucks.