By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - An Unbiased Review: Titanfall

Tagged games:

Dont think that your review is unbiased when you marked it "unbiased" on the topic. LOL

Around the Network
J_Allard said:

Gameplay: 10
Replay Value: 10
Graphics: 8
Campaign: 2

Overall Score: 9.0

You're welcome! Thanks for reading.

Wouldn't the overall score mean 7.5(75%)? By your own criteria I mean, as you gave it 30 out of 40 points in total.

But thanks for the review! :)

The score is not an average.

We already have an unbiased review, it's Angry Joe's... please rename your reviews to something more sensible.

That 30+ minute soapbox speech about the future of gaming? Not much of a review. Guess mine will have to stay named the same, thanks.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Yeah but most of that content is rehashed, unbalanced, and shit.

If I go to Five Guys I can get a burger and fries for $9. I could go to McDonalds and spend that same $9 and get 20 nuggets, fries, and 2 burgers. I might get more food at McDonalds, but I'll spend time on the toilet later throwing up AIDS out of my butt hole. Titanfall certainly comes with less on day one than some other shooters, but what's there is fucking amazing imho.

Starting to sound just a bit biased here, hahaha

Ghosts did make an attempt to refine and increase the complexity of its multiplayer, which actually worked to an extent.  The multiplayer is no longer run and gun all day long, those players are severely punished in Ghosts, which is why there were so many angry players.  They changed it to require a more tactical approach, and it mostly works, but will require another iteration or so before it reaches a higher level of polish.

Besides, McDonalds and Five Guys both give you massive shits, they're both junk food, lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:
J_Allard said:

If I go to Five Guys I can get a burger and fries for $9. I could go to McDonalds and spend that same $9 and get 20 nuggets, fries, and 2 burgers. I might get more food at McDonalds, but I'll spend time on the toilet later throwing up AIDS out of my butt hole. Titanfall certainly comes with less on day one than some other shooters, but what's there is fucking amazing imho.

Ghosts did make an attempt to refine and increase the complexity of its multiplayer, which actually worked to an extent.  The multiplayer is no longer run and gun all day long, those players are severely punished in Ghosts, which is why there were so many angry players.  They changed it to require a more tactical approach, and it mostly works, but will require another iteration or so before it reaches a higher level of polish.

Besides, McDonalds and Five Guys both give you massive shits, they're both junk food, lol

True. But if he said Umami Burger, I would agree with his metaphore. Their burgers cost $12-$15 w/o fries, but even though it lacks quantity, the quality is a lot better.

I liked both of your reviews and you both justified the scores you gave. For me, I would give the game a 7/10. But then again, I don't enjoy online multiplayer very much in any game. I prefer a single player game. I think since COD MW1 the only FPS I could rank higher than a 7/10 is Halo4, because it had a great single player adventure. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy FPSs, but they are not my bread and butter. I prefer 3rd person adventure games and RPGs.

But I agree with both of you, if you like online MP FPSs this is the game to play.

That was a surprisingly good review considering your sig. Great job with it.

ZyroXZ2 said:
J_Allard said:

We must have played different versions of Ghosts. The one I played was very nice for run n gun. In fact the only element that really discouraged run n gun was the shitty, laughably shitty spawn system. The shitty spawns and lagging dogs ruins any attempts at making the game tactical.

And I thought CoD and BF4 were trash long before Titanfall, so no bias there. Just an honest opinion. Out of the two Ghosts had the most potential but they really need to improve spawns and come up with a new gameplay element to replace the whole killstreak stuff.

J_Allard said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
J_Allard said:

We must have played different versions of Ghosts. The one I played was very nice for run n gun. In fact the only element that really discouraged run n gun was the shitty, laughably shitty spawn system. The shitty spawns and lagging dogs ruins any attempts at making the game tactical.

And I thought CoD and BF4 were trash long before Titanfall, so no bias there. Just an honest opinion. Out of the two Ghosts had the most potential but they really need to improve spawns and come up with a new gameplay element to replace the whole killstreak stuff.

That's the thing, they patched up the broken spawning system and it changed the issues dramatically.

I'm not sure what people you played with, but when I played, the guys with the lowest scores just ran around trying to run and gun, and would rage quit and flame about "campers", when more often than not, the "camper" was someone who moved a lot less frantically and would catch the run and gunners in the side or back.  In fact, I was running and gunning when I first started, and was getting my ass handed to me all day long.  I slowed it down, started thinking about my equipment and what worked best on the map, and *BAM*, started reversing my fortunes from then until I put it down!

I haven't played BF4, because I played BF3, and didn't see much value/difference in BF4, haha

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/