By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - An Unbiased Review: Titanfall

Tagged games:

I will record it the next time I do it.

Around the Network

Finally hit that Gen 10. Been sick the last couple days so it gave me a lot of time to grind for those MVP challenges. Uploaded some videos.

For the first video, I am playing on Training Ground. I am farming Titan drop kills, which is where you call in a Titan and it kills someone when it lands. I see 2 AI grunts so I shoot at their feet so they will stay still and return fire. But a teammate calls his Titan in and when he moves, he ends up crushing them both. But then madness ensues right after.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6E93656BCB3EEBFD!116&authkey=!ANXQUuDfB0JEmok&ithint=video%2c.mp4

Second video is another video where I am farming for Titan drop kills. Set this guy up perfectly.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6E93656BCB3EEBFD!117&authkey=!AMGIRzqVdADuUKE&ithint=video%2c.mp4

Last video, some good old fashioned hectic CTF defense.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6E93656BCB3EEBFD!118&authkey=!ALHIzLgD7TluMnU&ithint=video%2c.mp4

http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-three

New update. Lots of awesome changes in there.

Not only can you finally name classes, but you get game mode specific loadout slots as well, which is awesome.

For everyone whining about easy AI creeps, you can now adjust the AI difficulty in private games.

sergiodaly said:
Can we have that tip done in a video ? I don't have titanfall but that looks funny to waste 2 minutes on...

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6E93656BCB3EEBFD!119&authkey=!ADS-7PlFOKDgWSc&ithint=video%2c.mp4

Booyack. Though I had the Arc Cannon so I had to wait for it to charge enough to be lethal. Kind of had a Megamind "the sun is warming up???" moment when I turned around. But I got that stupid bastard right in the face.

DLC IMPRESSIONS:

Wargames - Only played a couple games on. But it looks great. One cool aspect is its treated like a simulation, so you get a different intro and some different death sequences. Definitely the most creative map of the DLC.

Runoff - I thought this would be the best map while watching Respawn play it the day before release and I think I'm sticking to that. It's a great map for virtually any play style. There is PLENTY of space for Titans to go almost anywhere in the map, but also loads of walls and corridors for Pilots to rodeo or hit and move attack them. And CQC is awesome on this map. But at the same time there are loads of long open areas Pilots can run that make for great sniping.

Swampland - Honestly was my most anticipated map and I only have a couple games on it as I have been very busy this week, but not feeling it so far. It's very cluttered and almost too hectic. The trees are awesome though. I played a game of CTF and was hopping from tree to tree to dodge rocket shots and rodeo a Titan.

The updates to the custom classes are nice too. Can finally name classes, but I love how they give you 2 extra classes that rotate depending on game mode. I have wondered why these developers of CoD or their many clones don't allow you to either create a new class on the fly, or have different classes for different modes. Respawn took care of the second one. So now you can have your 5 normal custom classes, but also have 2 for CTF or 2 for Last Titan Standing. So I can always have a class named Offense and a class named Defense for CTF. And I can always have a class named Rodeo with my slammer-equipped LMG for LTS matches so I can melt away Titan health, all while keeping all 5 of my classes free. Really opens you up to trying new weapons since you won't feel cheated with a wasted class spot.

BONUS J_ALLARD TITANFALL TIP!

Here is another free Titanfall tip. This one goes out to my Arc Cannon homies.

Pilots, have you ever been in the heat of battle in your Titan and seen a Pilot hopping around or locking onto you? The most natural reaction is to charge up a shot and try to kill him until he dies from it. Make it a lot easier with this J_Allard Titanfall tip!

Most people don't know, but the Arc Cannon weapon, like any other electric current, can hop from path to path. So instead of trying to fine tune a shot on a Pilot, hit something around him. If he has any AI grunts around, shoot them. The shot will not only pass on to every other grunt in very close proximity, it will even kill the Pilot.

This is especially useful when engaging another Titan, and an enemy Pilot tries to use the situation to fire off an anti-Titan weapon at you. What that Pilot doesn't understand is that he isn't safe just because a Titan is right next to him. In fact, he's fucked, just because a Titan is right next to him! Hit that Titan anywhere and giggle like a schoolgirl when you see dem points rack up from a kill. Have an enemy pilot rodeoing one of his teammates Titans? Instead of trying to pinpoint a shot right on the Titans back, hit him in the foot. Or the leg. Anywhere! The Pilot is still dead.

Oh if only you could see the look of sheer shock on their stupid faces!

Around the Network

There was a small update today if anyone noticed, apparently just to prepare us for the upcoming June update.

This update adds:

Wingman LTS (2V2 LTS, pass)
Marked for Death (think Assassination from Counter Strike, mode will be greatness)
Titan decals (including the much aligned Gooser challenge decal for those of us manly enough to have gotten all 50 before they nerfed it)
New Titan voices
TITAN BURN CARDS FUCK YEAAAAAAA

I think that's it. If anyone wants to play sometime send me a FR at Cpt RonCodpiece

LudicrousSpeed said:
There was a small update today if anyone noticed, apparently just to prepare us for the upcoming June update.

This update adds:

Marked for Death (think Assassination from Counter Strike, mode will be greatness)
Titan decals (including the much aligned Gooser challenge decal for those of us manly enough to have gotten all 50 before they nerfed it)
New Titan voices

I think that's it. If anyone wants to play sometime send me a FR at Cpt RonCodpiece

I hope you realise that...

You're seemingly the only one left who cares about this thread. Not surprising since it's your own thread, but kinda sad still.

What with the last 6 posts prior to mine being from you... 

LudicrousSpeed said:

This update adds:

New Titan voices

Sounds good.  And if you're on Xbox One, add me (Really, if you're on any console, you can add me--I'm d21lewis).  I'm always up for a game of Titanfall.  I don't say much online, though.  Gotta do some stuff around the house but I'll be online throughout the day/week.

Hope they have more players and less bots in Titanfall 2 when/if it comes to the PS4.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Hynad said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

This update adds:

New Titan voices

I hope you realise that...

You're seemingly the only one left who cares about this thread. Not surprising since it's your own thread, but kinda sad still.

What with the last 6 posts prior to mine being from you... 

Thanks for the per usual constructive post, friend!