By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - An Unbiased Review: Titanfall

Tagged games:

Sooooooo is it still game of the generation?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

I almost cried when reading the part about the dev ... man MoH:AA was awesome

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Fusioncode said:
Sooooooo is it still game of the generation?

lol its not even going to be XBO's game of the year.

On a personal level (because of my preference for SP over MP), I would take off a few more points because of its "campaign", if you wanna call it that. It would be pretty contradictory of me to buy a heavy MP focused game but the campaign is still pretty rubbish. The fact that the ending score doesn't even matter in some of those campaign fights and you will lose regardless if the story says you should is pretty despicable. Also, they try to make you care for some of the characters and their sacrifices but with no character development whatsoever, i don't think anybody gives a damn.

Granted, we all know where the fun of this game is: The multiplayer. I can't help but wonder how we gamers sometimes we defend devs by saying things like "well, they skipped on SP so they could focus on the MP part of it and make it more polished, etc." Is it impossible to think they can't do both? A good SP and great MP? The titanfall universe has soooo much potential for epic SP moments, with memorable and tear jerking moments. I would have love to have seen a nice pilot/titan final gauntlet moment. You know your are due for death but you and the titanfall fight along side until the very end. With an engaging and relatable character, it would be pretty awesome.

Back on topic, fair review. The titanfall franchise will see success. I just hope it avoid yearly releases and puts more focus on a solid SP campaign.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

FrontlineJaguar said:
An honest review I would have also given it near 8.5-9.0. In future when add more game modes, private matches and stable frame rate game is going to be better. But I like the way you were hyping the game but still gave it a review score it deserved. hats off to you.

Thanks. Just because I was hyped, doesnt mean I cant give it an honest review.

Im sure they'll update the playlists as the game evolves, and hooefully they smooth out the frame rate issues.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
FrontlineJaguar said:
An honest review I would have also given it near 8.5-9.0. In future when add more game modes, private matches and stable frame rate game is going to be better. But I like the way you were hyping the game but still gave it a review score it deserved. hats off to you.

Thanks. Just because I was hyped, doesnt mean I cant give it an honest review.

Im sure they'll update the playlists as the game evolves, and hooefully they smooth out the frame rate issues.

You are right but when anyobody is hyped he is bound to give that game a high rating or a very low xcore if it misses the mark. From what I read in your review I felt it was honest done rightly.

Enjoyed your review. I put more emphasis on campaigns than most people, so the little to no campaign takes away more from the overall value of the game to me. Also, on a new console, they need to get away from that old graphics engine that we all have grown tired of seeing in every COD. But the gameplay looks fun and the addition of adding a vertical element to the game redeems many of its flaws. Also being so well balanced is something most MP's lack.

I'd probably give it an 8-8.5 if I was a reviewer. Still worth playing, but I think I'd wait for the price to drop or buy used for $45ish.

Better review than most "professional" reviews! WD sir!

Just one thing: "In fact for me it's typically the opposite. I go into full "challenge accepted" mode and make it my mission to fucking kill that Titan until it dies from it...The beauty of Titanfall, is how do I kill that Titan until he dies from it?" Questionable English when you say "die from it" imo.

Yeah its a quote from Hot Shots.

Nice review, it could have been the game of the generation... though, It's a shame that award is already decided:

Better luck next time.