By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The great fall of PS4 on Amazon...

FFX/X-2 is outpacing Titian Fall

Around the Network
Wonktonodi said:
fallen said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Umm, yea? Hell just last night I bought a $20 and a $10 for MGS. As well as a $50 and a $10 for inFamous. They're don't just sell it for fun. 

Umm you need more than that because of tax...almost leading me to doubt your whole story.

It doesn't matter what replaced it, nothing has been able to beat in stock PS4 hardware before.

They charge you tax for things you buy digitally?

Not on PSN.

fallen said:
nnodley said:
How is this thread even allowed to be open? Pure flamebait!!

That's right! Censor what we dont want to hear with our infamous avatars! Only good Sony news may be posted! While we pat each other on the back.

I guess Titian Fall(en) isn't fun anymore.

So threads like this are what xbox one fans have fallen too. Pretty sad.

fallen said:
celador said:
It's been in stock for 6 days, 5 and a half of which were at number 1, a place I have never seen X1 or any X1 bundles, and is still ahead of X1's savior by four spots, and you have managed to spin it to sound like this is bad news for PS. You could work for MS with that kind of spin.

Heh, Titanfall bundle is not far behind in stock PS4.

It would be simply amazing if $500 Xbox started outselling $400 PS4 on Amazon, which as noted seems biased. But this has not happened yet.

It wouldn't be particularly amazing. Considering how much bigger the Xbox brand was than Playsation last gen in the US, it's pretty incredible the PS4 is outselling the X1 at all, even at a cheaper price.

Price plays a far smaller role in the success of a console than many make it out to. It's all about a products perceived value, not it's price alone. Some examples would be the PS3 outselling the 360 in the EU, the PS1 beat the N64 and the original Xbox beating the GC in the EU and US.

Price is simply a measurement of value. In this case Sony think the PS4 is worth $400, and MS think the X1 + Kinect is worth $500. The X1 is being beaten by the PS4 not just because it costs more, but because people don't think it can justify the value MS have placed on it. The Kinect is what is really hurting the X1. It costs too much for a device many people couldn't care less about (to them essentially adding cost to the product without the addition of extra value). Basically MS f*cked up :P

Regardless, i wouldn't be surprised if the X1 edges ahead of the PS4 for now. Even with it's lower perceived value in the eyes of many people, it's still has the brand power from the last gen behind it.

Around the Network

I don't care, Final Fantasy X Vita is above Titanfall. I'm done!

Ps4s being shipped to Target for Sundays ad. Targets will have Ps4s next week.

As for this thread... youre trying too hard. Makes you come off as desperate. As for Feb sales, that proves nothing. Show me on amazon where it can be proved that ps4->xb1 werent within 10% of each other

It got passed by the recently released Infamous second son, and probably a new shipment of ps store credit. Doesnt mean it stopped selling well, those are selling more though, wich is natural as they are not products priced at 400.

"the great fall" he says. lol

Some people really need to let go of the drama.

fallen said:

Uhh, I'm sure you do get charged tax on all those. Am I living in bizzare land?

Hmm, maybe it's just a state by state thing. But I'm pretty sure for PSN/Xbox it's national. They wont want to run afoul of authorities, even if technically it may be a gray area.

I know I get charged tax in Texas. Wherever a corp has a physical presence at least it has to be taxed for sure. Hard to imagine Sony/Ms dont have a presence (say, at least servers) in every state. Microsoft has Stores too. Sony, well they did but announced they're closing them due to Sony being in such bad fiscal shape

It depends on the state. Texas has a tax, other states like California, Alaska, and Pennsylvania do not.

binary solo said:

You're not making sense. If on Amazon PS4 was selling 23 places higher than Xb one in feb, yet nationally NPD made PS4/Xb one an almost statistical tie then clearly Amazon is a very poor indicator of total national sales. The only conclusion you can draw from Amazon best seller lists is that PS4 is doing better than Xb one on Amazon, but it has no predictive value for sales as a whole.

And yes, it does seem supply constraints for Amazon is not an issue. But again that's not necessarily a reflection of the national picture, because Amazon doesn't actually need PS4's to be in the country to sell them. They could be in Chinese warehouses and be shipped direct to the customer from there. Thsis would mean Amazon's stock refresh rate is very quick, compared to companies that need to bring PS4's into the country, send them to distribution warehouses, then distribute them to stores.

It will be very interesting to see how divergent March NPD is from Amazon. if Amazon is to be believed it means PS4 would win March. But I doubt that's going to be the case, at least not until we see what the inFamous effect is. inFamous can give PS4 the March win, especially if Sony put more PS4 stock into the USA in the early weeks of March so that it's not just the inFamous effect.

I disagree with most of your posts. 23 spots doesnt mean ps4 did better on Amazon than NPD especially when most of the spots between the two were online gift cards for the two systems. They were obviously close on amazon looking at those. Also, if NPD shows XB1>ps4 for march that doesnt mean its different for amazon. Most of the sales are from Titanfall bundle no doubt but the sales are still divided between the two.

Also, Ps4 start March out SUPER stron at Target and will finish the same way. The sales arent just coming from Amazon. I predict the sales to be closer than they were in Feb