By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS preys on Consumer Ignorance with Xbox 360/One

However bad MS was with the 360 Sony was worse with the PS3 from 2006-2010. Does no one remember how badly Sony treated fans from 2006-2010? The $599 price alone is worse than anything MS did except RROD. And no, the 360 was not more "expensive" than the PS3 during that time.

Sony did change, but it took a lot.

Around the Network

All companies prey on ignorance, its a feast to be had. The average joe is a freaking Moron

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Nothing new to see here. This has been blantly obvious since the 360. Either they are masochists or ignorants.

Mod edit:  Same thing as Bubblegamer.  Targetting another fanbase and insulting them is pretty much never acceptable even under a thread on an article like this you have to keep things civil.  Neither of you had moderations on record so we'll keep this simple and unofficial, but keep this in mind for the future. - Torillian 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Some of his points are valid.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

People are going to rip into this simply because most of them can't handle the reality that they fell for MS's garbage but all of it is spot on. I owned a 360 last gen and right around the time the Kinect nonsense started, I wanted out but felt that it was too late. I spent the last few years cursing the fact that I was getting scraps while PS3 gamers were getting games like GT6,TLOU,MLB The Show, Uncharted (PSN game of the month),Sly Cooper etc. They were also enjoying Blu-Ray, free online gameplay, no paywall, free WIFI, awesome games with PS+ etc.

Back in 1999, I told my cousin that I couldn't wait to see what PS2 and Gamecube were going to offer us to which he replied "Xbox is gonna be better" to which I replied "Xbox? I bet you MS is going to ruin the industry. We're all going to be sorry if we let them win." More than 10 years later and we nearly saw that come into fruition (DRM Xbone scare). MS will stop at nothing to advance their bottom line and unlike alot of the guys in charge at Sony, they aren't gamers at heart. They're mostly businessmen.

One company wants to make alot of money by providing the best value and the best collection of entertainment they can. The other just wants to make money.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
I forgot which corporation said to work two jobs just to be able to afford a certain console.

Please remind me which corporation said that? :p

That "corporation" was Katuragi, and he was essentially fired for it.  And Sony has been making ammends since.  ;)

opinions are nice.

I think MS will come around with more consumer friendly practices down the road. We will see. I still enjoy the xbo, and I had tons of fun on the x360. The trick is to buy gold/plus on sale for $30 around xmas or random sale.

They need to get those exclusives out like Halo and Gears.

pot kettle

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

This is Psyduck.  He sighs.  He represents my opinion of the OP.

McDonaldsGuy said:
However bad MS was with the 360 Sony was worse with the PS3 from 2006-2010. Does no one remember how badly Sony treated fans from 2006-2010? The $599 price alone is worse than anything MS did except RROD. And no, the 360 was not more "expensive" than the PS3 during that time.

Sony did change, but it took a lot.

They were EASILY more expensive if you wanted the 360 to do what PS3 did.

$400.00 for the core system

$60.00 for the wireless adaptor

$20.00 for play and charge kit

$60.00 to play online

$200.00 for HDDVD add on

Total? Without taxes, around $740.00 US. And even spending THAT much, you still ended up with a HDD that was 40GB smaller and no HDMI.