By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the PSVita Exclusive "Digimon Story" put the franchise back on the map

tbone51 said:
Talal said:
Zkuq said:

Where I'm from it was just as big if not bigger than Pokemon. The anime I mean not the games.

Not true at all, when both anime's came on, Pokemon Blue/Red came out. 33mil+ bought the games, that right there tells you the anime was bigger cuz kids were getting the toys (games/ trading cards)

I do personally love how digimon season 1 was so great though, the better anime of both first seasons imo was definitely Digimon. Digimon season 2 was good as well but they started killing it afterward :-/ (anime)

I'm saying that where I live Digimon was just as big as Pokemon. I don't know how it was in the US or where you're from.

Around the Network
Talal said:
tbone51 said:
Talal said:
Zkuq said:

Where I'm from it was just as big if not bigger than Pokemon. The anime I mean not the games.

Not true at all, when both anime's came on, Pokemon Blue/Red came out. 33mil+ bought the games, that right there tells you the anime was bigger cuz kids were getting the toys (games/ trading cards)

I do personally love how digimon season 1 was so great though, the better anime of both first seasons imo was definitely Digimon. Digimon season 2 was good as well but they started killing it afterward :-/ (anime)

I'm saying that where I live Digimon was just as big as Pokemon. I don't know how it was in the US or where you're from.

Where are you from, if you dont mind me asking?

Man I used to love Digimon and Pokemon about the same but Digimon really fell off the map in recent years... I actually really enjoyed Digimon World 1-4, 4 being a really fun co-op game. Sadly I don't really see this franchise making a comeback.

Oh man, that looks awesome. It's a shame digimon fell off popularity as it, it was awesome and to be honest, the anime was better than pokemon. Pokemon was really repetitive in narrative while digimon felt more compelling. I can't quite explain it but digimon just felt more mature.

Anywho, I would show support to this game in a heartbeat but I don't think we will ever see it in the west.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

tbone51 said:

Where are you from, if you dont mind me asking?

Saudi

Around the Network
Areym said:
Oh man, that looks awesome. It's a shame digimon fell off popularity as it, it was awesome and to be honest, the anime was better than pokemon. Pokemon was really repetitive in narrative while digimon felt more compelling. I can't quite explain it but digimon just felt more mature.

Anywho, I would show support to this game in a heartbeat but I don't think we will ever see it in the west.

I agree with maturity part. Digimon was better in that aspect. Pokemon was more kiddy, which isnt bad but the small thing i hate when others talk about pokemon. Pokemon is one of the most competitive games of all time yet non pokemon fans (well people who dont kno about it) think its a kiddy game cuz of the anime :-/

tbone51 said:
Areym said:

I agree with maturity part. Digimon was better in that aspect. Pokemon was more kiddy, which isnt bad but the small thing i hate when others talk about pokemon. Pokemon is one of the most competitive games of all time yet non pokemon fans (well people who dont kno about it) think its a kiddy game cuz of the anime :-/

Agreed. The anime does the give a perception, to those than haven't played any of the games before, that Pokemon is for kids. Couldn't be further from the truth though. The games are competitive and great fun. The anime honestly sucks now. It does bring kids into the series but I don't think it helps bring in adolescents who've never played the game before.

Digimon and Vita exclusive... so no

Click HERE and be happy 

holy shit new digimon!?!?

I highly doubt this will do anything unfortunately. Still, they better bring this over to the West in the off chance I get a Vita!