By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the PSVita Exclusive "Digimon Story" put the franchise back on the map

I hope Bamco localize it

Around the Network

Is it japan only?

Does it cost so much to sub things?

KingdomHeartsFan said:
teigaga said:

The Vita tales games were just ports. This has a much higher budget and so they have more incentive to try and sell to the west. Furthermore sony are only now making a push for the localising Japanese games, an exclusive like this will probably be high on their priority list.

The recently announced One Piece game is even more reason to a have a little more faith :)

Really?  What Japanese games have they localised so far?

Theyre quite elusive about it but is one of the agendas of the 3rd party team they announced last year. Shahid stated that there were 3 announcements in the last week they were partially responsible for. I assume One of them was One Piece. 

teigaga said:

The Vita been doing rather solid in japan recently and Im sure key releases over the next few months will see it outsell the 3DS  (J star Victory, Project Diva F, Sword Art Online, Freedom Wars, Over my dead body 2).

Outsell? You mean some weeks right?

It looks so amazing!!! bring it to the west and port it to a console with a decent user base.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
teigaga said:

The Vita been doing rather solid in japan recently and Im sure key releases over the next few months will see it outsell the 3DS  (J star Victory, Project Diva F, Sword Art Online, Freedom Wars, Over my dead body 2).

Outsell? You mean some weeks right?

Yeah

Digimon is as off the map as Yu-Gi-Oh, they are lost in the woods in fact. They won't find their way out easily, if at all.

So yeah, no. This game won't bring Digimon out of the woods onto the map.

Looks kinda good actually.

NintendoPie said:
Digimon is as off the map as Yu-Gi-Oh, they are lost in the woods in fact. They won't find their way out easily, if at all.

Digimon will never be as far of the map as Yugioh, the premise is far more accessable and sellable for games. The 2012 PSP game sold 200k in Japan, that not huge but its a decent number for a 3rd party titles.

NintendoPie said:

Yugioh? Wat are you talking about? Its nowhere near dead unless you mean just video games cuz the anime still goes strong and the card game is huge. Yugioh already hit records with it (most sold cards of all time and by a huge margin)