By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XII: Ivalice Collection

Tagged games:

How about asking for a brand new Final Fantasy game, but a good one this time ?

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:

How are you supposed to make Revenant Wings feel right on a console though?? Thats why I dont understand everyone suggesting it

PS4 & Vita both have touch inputs, which presumably could be tweaked to make the game work.

I believe Sony mandates at least 2 games be in a HD Collection unless it's going to be released download-only (i.e. Medal of Honor Frontline HD).  So, they'd have to put something in with it.  They reworked the cutscenes from the DS Kingdom Hearts games into HD so I'm sure they could manage something here, too.

Half these games are nintendo exclusive, other half is sony.

So an bundle like that would need tons of negociations =/

But would be awesome if possible =D

The Fury said:

You missed Vagrant Story from the list, however I think I'd just like to see a new Ivalice game. SquEnix have no direction though so I can see them doing a re-release of FF7, 8 and 9 before they put real thought and money into making new RPGs.

I would absolutely love a new Vagrant Story. Or an HD treatment.  

RenCutypoison said:

Consoles dont matter

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles is 2 Nintendo exclusive games on PS3

The publishers own the rights and can therefore re-release it on what they want to provided they didnt sign some crazy stupid exclusivity deal

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:

Unless Sony or Nintendo published any of the titles, it wouldn't matter at all.

Metal Gear Solid 3 being PS2 exclusive didn't stop it coming to 3DS & Xbox 360 with relatively little difficulty.  

Same with both Tales of Symphonia games coming to PS3, etc.

edit: DAMMIT KTAY.  Same example used as well, lol.

Man, I would be all over this. FFXII is very underrated. Especially given the (imo) two steaming piles that came before and after it.

The Fury said:

You missed Vagrant Story from the list, however I think I'd just like to see a new Ivalice game. SquEnix have no direction though so I can see them doing a re-release of FF7, 8 and 9 before they put real thought and money into making new RPGs.

Oh wow, totally forgot that Vagrant Story was also technically based in Ivalice. I know how impracticle it is for SquareEnix of all companies to actually release a collection like in OP. A possible alternative could be.....

-FFXII Zodiac HD

-FFT: War of the Lions (With trophies, no slowdown)

-FFXII: Revanant WIngs Cutscenes/Story Arc

-Vagrant Story HD (trophies)

-Vita Version for all would be nice!

I think I would be most pleased with this. Vagrant Story was always a game before it's time like Chrono Trigger. The ability to attack individual body parts, crippling enemies, etc. Would love to play with Ashley again.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)