By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XII: Ivalice Collection

Tagged games:

Well this is a day one buy everyday of the year for me but if they do FF12 HD you arent getting all of those games in the bundle. I think it will be FFXII only but maybe they could also throw in Tactics.

Around the Network

You have just described my idea of the perfect game for the PS Vita.

Getting the FFX/ X-2 HD version this Thursday for the PS Vita and I hope enough people pick up the game that they update FFXII in HD for the Vita.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

forevercloud3000 said:

I never played the original, I just remembered reading that both versions had slowdown during attacks. I could very easily be mistaken. Regardless, it is super annoying, another reason I preferred Advance over it. Its baffling as to why that is then. PSP far out powers the PS1. Hackers also added in patches to remove the slowdown effect to much glee of game owners too. So why did they make it like that in the first place?

Yeah there's a patch to remove the slowdown.  And no idea why other than it being Square Enix.  It's not the first rerelease they screwed up on.  Final Fantasy 4 Advance US/JP version has a lot of bugs during battle and some massive amount of slowdown.  The PAL version they removed the slowdown, but there's a very very large amount of input lag.  I'd rather play the US version with lag over the version with the input lag.  Not only that, but Edge's long range weapons on the GBA version take off half damage in the back and full damage from the front, so they screwed that up as well.  They may have fixed it on the PAL version, I don't remember. 

They're not going to release a collection of 5 games. This is Square Enix, after all.

I am expecting FF XII HD Collection with the Zodiac edition of FF XII + Revenant Wings HD included. But in about 2 years time given how long it took them to make X HD.

Tactics won't make the cut. They're more interested on releasing those games on mobile at the moment:

http://www.finalfantasy.net/mobile-dlg/final-fantasy-tactics-smartphones/

After FFX/X-2 HD, the first thing they have to do is Type-0 HD

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
They're not going to release a collection of 5 games. This is Square Enix, after all.

I am expecting FF XII HD Collection with the Zodiac edition of FF XII + Revenant Wings HD included. But in about 2 years time given how long it took them to make X HD.

Tactics won't make the cut. They're more interested on releasing those games on mobile at the moment:

http://www.finalfantasy.net/mobile-dlg/final-fantasy-tactics-smartphones/

How are you supposed to make Revenant Wings feel right on a console though?? Thats why I dont understand everyone suggesting it

How about asking for a brand new Final Fantasy game, but a good one this time ?

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

ktay95 said:

How are you supposed to make Revenant Wings feel right on a console though?? Thats why I dont understand everyone suggesting it

PS4 & Vita both have touch inputs, which presumably could be tweaked to make the game work.

I believe Sony mandates at least 2 games be in a HD Collection unless it's going to be released download-only (i.e. Medal of Honor Frontline HD).  So, they'd have to put something in with it.  They reworked the cutscenes from the DS Kingdom Hearts games into HD so I'm sure they could manage something here, too.

Half these games are nintendo exclusive, other half is sony.

So an bundle like that would need tons of negociations =/

But would be awesome if possible =D

The Fury said:

You missed Vagrant Story from the list, however I think I'd just like to see a new Ivalice game. SquEnix have no direction though so I can see them doing a re-release of FF7, 8 and 9 before they put real thought and money into making new RPGs.

I would absolutely love a new Vagrant Story. Or an HD treatment.