By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Handheld Game System

What's your favourite handheld game system?

Playstation Vita 136 24.16%

Playstation Portable (PSP) 40 7.10%

Nintendo 3DS/2DS 209 37.12%

Nintendo DS/DSi 83 14.74%

Gameboy Advance 53 9.41%

iPad/Android Tablet/Phone 8 1.42%

Open Pandora 4 0.71%

Classic Handheld ie. Game... 22 3.91%

Obscure Classic ie. Wonde... 2 0.36%

Other (Please State) 2 0.36%

Total:559

3DS. Has just had a continuous string of great games. Sees no sign of stopping.

Around the Network

The Game Boy Advance for me is by far the one that gives me the best memories and nostalgia. Especyaly the SP. I still remember coming back from a Christmas family party past midnight where I just got my brand new SP as a gift and I played it in the back of the car despite being dark cause for the first time it had a screed that flashed in the dark. I felt so amazed that I could finaly do that lol.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

seems like most people were choosing Best Handheld System Game rather than Best Handheld Game System... 

3DS for me! The best handheld system i've ever owned. Close second would be GameBoy Advance. 

3ds ftw!

Around the Network

Ok, who voted for "Other" yet failed to state which... I can't imagine what I could have missed.

The DS is first for me by far, then GBA second and 3DS next.

Not really a big fan of any other handhelds but I'd give props to the Turbo Express next - I loved that I could actually take home console games on the go back in 1990.

I have to say if you own a Neo Geo Pocket Color that start up noise will be in your mind til the day you die, it's just so fucking happy. I would almost vote for it in the others category just for its startup alone, but I only have a handful of games for it and outside of metal slug they're all mediocre :(

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

If it's just hardware excluding games. It has to be Vita. It just fell right in my hand. The original GBA form factor was also good with a nice battery life. I enjoy my 3DS but after awhile the my fingers suffer and the screen starts to feel small. But the XL should take care of those.

For my money, it's the 3DS. I judge them based on their full library of games, and when you factor in the Virtual Console and DS backwards-compatibility (as you should), the size, variety, and quality of the 3DS's catalog is staggering.