By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kojima wants Snake in the new Smash Bros., but it’s not likely to happen

Player2 said:
Wright said:

Snake used to be on Nintendo platforms, so rejoice in playing with a character that actually got localized on the west.

Please, tweet him that.

Unlike the NES ones Mr. Kojima was directly involved in the above gameboy game.  

Mr. Kojima also did admit that even though a terrible port, the NES version  was a

large reason why Metal Gear was first popularized in the West.  The MSX versions

were also released on the Wii virtual console in Japan instead of the NES versions.

Hideo Kojima from the same interview (June 2011 issue of Nintendo Powersaid :

“I wasn’t involved with Snake’s Revenge for the NES either. However, this was created by the Kobe development team and wasn’t what I would consider a ‘bad game.’ Actually, one of my juniors was working on the NES Snake’s Revenge and he said to me, ‘We’re making a sequel to Metal Gear, but what I really want is a true sequel made by you, Kojima-san.’ It’s because of that request that I ended up creating Metal Gear 2 on the MSX2. If Snake’s Revenge for the NES had never existed then there would not have been an MG2 and there would never have been an MGS for the PS1.”

Around the Network

Aw man, but it was nice to have a fight between Sonic, Mario and Snake......
....and have Mario lose in his own turf!

Better luck next time, then.

oniyide said:
For the people who are talking about whats fair or not has anyone of you ever stopped to consider that maybe Kojima doesnt have as much say as we think? Maybe people higher up in Konami decided not to put MG games on Ninty home consoles, and the way that 3ds game went down im inclined to believe this.

This pretty much.

That's really too bad. Snake is a great character. He will be missed.

However, the roster is looking pretty awesome even without him. Mega Man and Little Mac more than make up for Snake, and they make more sense in the Smash Bros. universe. Still it would be nice to have everyone...

Maybe bring Raiden from MGR over instead? I think Platinum would love to port that game to the U.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

There's other popular characters to choose from that could have a spot on Smash, with a significant history on Nintendo platforms. I agree that Snake should not be a priority, specially after already being on one.

In the context of Konami, Simon Belmont definitely deserves it more. So does Bomberman (now that Konami owns Hudson Soft's IPs), which I think would be a perfect fit for Smash...

It would be awesome but yeah, wanting to get your stuff on a platform without supporting it is maybe an idea Nintendo doesn't want to support.

I never really understood the reason Snake was in Brawl anyway. He's more related to the PS brand and in turn Konami gave Nintendo a crap support during the Wii life. Besides... Snake was a terrible fighter. Save the character slot for a company that can actually behave like a partner and leave Snake in his universe of incomprehensible movie wannabe plots.

I hope he's in smash. Loved him in brawl

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Nintendo, to Kojima: "Oh, we'll gladly put Snake in Brawl... as free DLC when our consumers buy the MGS HD collection you port over to Wii U! Nah, just kidding... we'll settle for the rights to put Twin Snakes on the eShop instead."