By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFAMOUS Second Son’s Retail Version Differences Compared To E3 2013 Trailer

Shinobi-san said:

You MOTHER F$#%@#!!! O_O

I expected more.

Around the Network

Shouldn't they have used the same time of day, seems misleading. Or is this a scene where the lighting is always the same?

Less detail for sure, but it still looks amazing and should be the best looking console game for quite a while.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

pokoko said:
Shinobi-san said:
pokoko said:
Shinobi-san said:
Well that's disappointing.

And i swear if someone comes in here and tries to say this is an upgrade and not a downgrade (as was the case with Ryse) then im gonna throw a fit.

Throw your fit, then.  Looks like a complete upgrade to me.  The early lighting is horrible and the faces look much better in the later screehshots.

Lol a complete upgrade pokoko? Really complete? I think we can atleast admit that the detail level took a hit...facial detail, clothing detail and environment detail.

Facial detail?  Really?  Well, I mean ... they look more human, now, if that's what you mean.  It's hard to say about the rest, as they changed the time of day, so it's darker.  The initial lighting, though, was obviously early-stage.  It looked like they were in an onmi-directional spotlight.  It wasn't close to natural.  

I'm honestly shocked that people are calling it a downgrade.  I'm a person who doesn't even care that much about graphics but this is not the response I was expecting.

Relooking at the pics and yeah the character models definately took a hit. The detail in the beanie and the clothes in general is significantly less. :/ Also the retail shots, as BenV said, is blurry annd less refined. Look at the stones/rocks in the background also seems to have less detail. But anyways if you see it different then thats that.

I dont think this will have a big impact on the look of the game overal. We've all seen the game running already and it looks really good. Its not like we gonna be starring into delsins face the entire time :)

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

BenVTrigger said:

Really is mixed bag. From an art stand point I think they improved some things for sure. Delsons face for example looks slightly tweaked in a good way in terms of looks but if you zoom in on detail he clearly took a hit technically with less skin texture detail.

Also certain things like shadows took a huge hit. They may have been a little too overpowering in the earlier trailer but now they are nearly non existant.

It looks like Sucker Punch were forced to downgrade the game from a technical point of view but made some pretty great artistic choices to help cover it up.

My biggest issue is the retail version is noticably blurrier.

You deduced all that from a compressed captured video, re-compressed on the interwebs? wow, you're a fucking genius!

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:
Some of the character detail looks better, but overall its terrible.

Everything in the background is blurry and the lighting is pretty terrible.

Have you ever heard about  Depth of Field ??    Oh Jesus...  

https://www.google.it/search?q=depth+of+field&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=MSoiU87aOYby4QS9qIEg&ved=0CEcQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=899#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=KHvtk0_Oz9RE8M%253A%3BEzKJwLL0Qs9ryM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.the-walls.net%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F03%252FBlondes-Women-Scarlett-Johansson-Actress-Lipstick-Depth-Of-Field.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.picstopin.com%252F1377%252Fblondes-women-scarlett-johansson-window-panes-sheer-clothing-hd-%252Fhttp%253A%25257C%25257Chdwallpapersfor*com%25257Cwallpaper%25257Cblondes_women_scarlett_johansson_window_panes_sheer_clothing_desktop_1377x2040_hd-wallpaper-1677818*jpg%252F%3B2560%3B1600

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

I'm not sure...
I like the style (colors, lighting) of E3 2013 better, but the retail version looks more realistic to be.

Maybe it's only different day times and different depth of field.

kowenicki said:
Its a downgrade, obviously. Saying otherwise is a bit silly.

But who cares? Does it matter... really? No.

Dat zombie face tho.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

Looks better to me but not in every aspect.

The characters right away look so much better. Main character looked weird in the E3 shots. He looks more like a normal human now.

It's a mixed bag but overall I would say to me it looks just as good as it did before with all things considered. Also remember these are different times of day so it is a bit misleading.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

badgenome said:
Shinobi-san said:

You MOTHER F$#%@#!!! O_O

I expected more.

So you said that just to get a response out of me? ie. Flaming...

Hmm i wonder if i report you if you will get banned.

The great Badgenome banned from Vgc :? That will be thread worthy! Im on it.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|