By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - inFAMOUS Second Son’s Retail Version Differences Compared To E3 2013 Trailer

Some of the character detail looks better, but overall its terrible.

Everything in the background is blurry and the lighting is pretty terrible.

Around the Network

Well it in fact looks still amazing or even better...

Wished we could say the same about Driveclub:

Driveclub E3 2013

Driveclub at PS4 launch:

meh

From the article:

One thing is for sure, I had quite a lot of hands-on time with the game just two days ago, and it looks absolutely stunning. You can expect my preview very soon.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Shinobi-san said:
pokoko said:
Shinobi-san said:
Well that's disappointing.

And i swear if someone comes in here and tries to say this is an upgrade and not a downgrade (as was the case with Ryse) then im gonna throw a fit.

Throw your fit, then.  Looks like a complete upgrade to me.  The early lighting is horrible and the faces look much better in the later screehshots.

Lol a complete upgrade pokoko? Really complete? I think we can atleast admit that the detail level took a hit...facial detail, clothing detail and environment detail.

Facial detail?  Really?  Well, I mean ... they look more human, now, if that's what you mean.  It's hard to say about the rest, as they changed the time of day, so it's darker.  The initial lighting, though, was obviously early-stage.  It looked like they were in an onmi-directional spotlight.  It wasn't close to natural.  

I'm honestly shocked that people are calling it a downgrade.  I'm a person who doesn't even care that much about graphics but this is not the response I was expecting.

The hair doesn't cast a shadow anymore. Pretty much a deal breaker for me. :(

Do you people really think it looks better?

For me it looks like a definite downgrade. In fact so much that not even my Sony fanboy genes are keeping me from saying this.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Could this be due to dynamic day/night cycles? Same scene different time of day?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Well seeing as the March 2014 ones look better I do not see the issue, but ok.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

badgenome said:
Looks like an upgrade to me!

It looks better, lighting are more natural/realistic now, 7 days to goooooooooooooooooooo ! Yessssssssss !!!!!

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Looks like different times to me which could play a role. One leaks early in the morning/evening when the sun is coming up/going down, while the E3 ones look to be from at the middle of the day.

Really is mixed bag. From an art stand point I think they improved some things for sure. Delsons face for example looks slightly tweaked in a good way in terms of looks but if you zoom in on detail he clearly took a hit technically with less skin texture detail.

Also certain things like shadows took a huge hit. They may have been a little too overpowering in the earlier trailer but now they are nearly non existant.

It looks like Sucker Punch were forced to downgrade the game from a technical point of view but made some pretty great artistic choices to help cover it up.

My biggest issue is the retail version is noticably blurrier.