By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Resident Evil 7 exclusive on Xbox One

Well they can have it, the series died a long time ago for me. Still have amazing memories of the first few games, wow was great fun. I bought 6 last year and it was the worst game I played in 2013 sadly.

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
DirtyP2002 said:
kitler53 said:
i wouldn't be surprised. this gen MS shown they a lot of money and little business sense.

Some questions regarding your statement:

Seriously?

How did they become rich? By writing cheques?

Who in this industry actually has business sense then? Nintendo or Sony?
Did you know that Xbox 360 / Xbox One / Surface hardware (not even including first party software) reported a 470 million USD profit last Q compared to 170 million for PS3 / PS4 and PS Vita (including first party software)?

Did you know MS payed almost HALF A BILLION dollars for Rare?

They never used Rare's IPs well and Rare is now making casual games.

yeah MS never wastes money /s

First things first: Your "almost" is wrong. like 125 million USD wrong. MS only paid 375 million USD for Rare.
And Rare sold more Software last gen than every Sony studio except Naughty Dog and Polyphony Digital.

Rare is a very profitable studio right now. Just because your personal taste is different and you don't like Kinect Sports or Kameo, it does not prove you right.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
kitler53 said:
i wouldn't be surprised. this gen MS shown they a lot of money and little business sense.

Some questions regarding your statement:

Seriously?  Yes.

How did they become rich? By writing cheques?  Not from xbox.

Who in this industry actually has business sense then? Nintendo or Sony?   Where did say or imply anything about anyone else?
Did you know that Xbox 360 / Xbox One / Surface hardware (not even including first party software) reported a 470 million USD profit last Q compared to 170 million for PS3 / PS4 and PS Vita (including first party software)?

buying RE exclusivity would be a dumb move.  simple as that.

not as bad and the original DRM policy.  ..or the decision to bundle kinect forcing them to price $100 over ps4.   ..or resistance to follow nintendo and sony's in offering indies the self publishing until after xbone released when (almost) literally all indies backed sony.   ..or whatever it is that has lead xbone to be released for 4 months and still not out in a 14th country.

no, not their worst business decision.  just another in a long series of bad decision this gen.

shikamaru317 said:
dahuman said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm not sure why you think that. RE 5 sold 120k copies on 360 in Japan even though it was also on PS3. Assuming that Microsoft has a few other good Japanese exclusives to help sell the One in Japan, which they very possibly will, RE 7 could hit 500k+ copies sold in Japan lifetime. Assuming that Microsoft pays for exclusivity, Capcom would make as much money as they would if it was multiplat.

I think the better question is, will X1 be sold in Japan by the time RE7 comes out?

Well, Microsoft has said 2014 for XB1 in Japan, so I'd guess so. 

Yeah, and hopefully they'd be smart enough to cut the price to at least PS4 levels or I don't see many people grabbing that thing. I don't see Japan being on the actual list in 2014 is why I mentioned it is all.

hmmmmm don't think so

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Wut?

It's not that big of a franchise in the grand scheme of things, and it does better on PS. Making it exclusive would probably cost more than it's worth.

what the f**k are you talking about? its one of the biggest franchises ever.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Good. Now the series can die. Sometimes I'm not even sure whether Microsoft just blind when it comes to quality or not.  Hopefully this rumor isnt true, but if so RE will die slowly this gen.

To real fans, it faltered at 5 and died at 6. MS knows brand names. I doubt this rumor is true, but even timed exclusivity will give a minor boost for X1 hardware. Still got millions of fans that will buy the game for the name.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Soriku said:
And forgo Japan sales? lmao.

Why is this even being discussed?

Anything can happen if one console manufacturer is willing enough to "invest" a lot of money.

Maybe Capcom feels there is a high risk of the next entry not selling well enough to make money back, so they might have taken a cheque from a specific company to ensure a small profit for this last entry in the main series.

After the anal abortion 6 was. I am not so sure how good this really is.

I've never supported a console getting an exclusive game over another. But I couldn't care less at the moment. If RE7 is going to be anything like the last one, they can make it for the Dreamcast and I wouldn't bat an eye. If they could only focus on making the game like Revelations... that was the right path for the series.