By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart Wii Thread

The things that are not regular mushrooms may be some kind of good/bad mushrooms like in Smash, and make you smaller or bigger. In the new MK trailer you can see Yoshi getting a lot bigger than other racers at some point.
The octopus-guy (don't even know if he has a name) looks quite annoying spilling ink on the screen.

Around the Network

lol at all of you who think this is coming out this year

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

@Weezy

When Nintendo reports a game will be out within 2 months, it is very little likely that it will take more than 10.

HOLY DUCK! I just read that Nintendo Power said that 75 % of drivers are unlockable! That means 48 characters! (12*4)

That also means 144 cars and 144 motorcycles, or in total 288!

They also mentioned that there will not be any Packman charcters (a thread somewhere here asked about that)

The videos aren't posted. Here you have the links. http://media.wii.ign.com/media/949/949580/vids_1.html

3 videos.

What buggs me about the 1st one, is the blooper, it blacks out both screens now, and it appeared that there was one of the char's using it, not a bot.

Snaking looks slightly less important than in DD.

Looking at the 2nd video, you can drive your motorcycle at only the backwheel, and go faster, but it loses a bit control.

The 3rd video has great quality (E3 07) probably because Nintendo themselves had good time with this one.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find some more.

Edti: Found a couple of roumors on the Mariokartwii.com REMEMBER: RUMOURS

Breaking news guys...
I just got word on who the comeback character is. I was pretty surprised. I also got some other information. It's big news, so highlight for information (I just blacked it so you don't have to highlight)

-The comeback character is none other than Wart from Super Mario Bros. 2. It is unknown if he will make any more appearances in future games.
-There will be two new original characters. I don't have the names, but they are the girlfriends of Wario and Waluigi. I've been told they're really ugly and Wario's girlfriend is taller than he is.
-King Boo and R.O.B will not be coming back. I've heard that Paratroopa will not be coming back from a different source but it's highly doubtful. Boo will replace King Boo.
-Metal Mario is a secret driver.
-King Boo and Metal Bowser (from SMS) are both bosses in Mission Mode.
-There will be a theme park-themed course that involves driving on a rollercoaster.
-There will be a Spiny item. It can be thrown as a ball at opponents and will then turn into a roaming turtle that will walk back and forth in the path. It may fall off the path if it is too narrow.
-It was implied to me that there will be a completely re-vamped version of Koopa Troopa Beach from MK64. It's either featured as a retro course or modified to be an entirely new course, I'm not sure which.

Your thoughts?

Also found out that some items are car exclusives, while some are bike exclusives. Some can be used by both.

Another badass kart: not only that? New Item? Looks like Baby Mario is using an umbrella to sail forward.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Boo looks real to me, your opinion?

More Nintendo Power:

Hammer Bros., Toadsworth, and Dixie Kong are new drivers.

Edit 3:

Nintendo Power has a near finish copy. No online yet though. I might have said some of this earlier, but some is new.

CHARACTERS:
-Not all of the drivers from previous installments will be returning from DD and MKDS. Don't expect any of the Pac-Man characters from the Arcade games.
-About 75% of the drivers are unlockables. There is a ridiculously large amount of drivers.
-Hammer Bros., Toadsworth, and Dixie Kong are new drivers.
-There will be an original character (possibly more than one) introduced in this game (similar to Toadette's introduction in DD.)
-Expect a major comeback from a past Mario character similar to Birdo in Mario Tennis as a driver (I'll keep this one a surprise.)

TRACKS:
-There will be a full track based on Luigi's Mansion and not as a battle stage.
-Rainbow Road will return in keeping with tradition of the franchise.
-There will be a new stage called Retro Raceway that pays homage to classic Mario games.
-There will be re-vamped versions of SMK and MK64 stages.
-A good number of the tracks will have more than one way to reach the finish line. Expect lots of hidden paths. There are also a lot of traditional racing tracks with no shortcuts whatsoever.
-There will be a hugely re-vamped version of Moo Moo Farm.
That means the one I thought could be from Wii Play was just this,

ITEMS:
-The Blooper item from MKDS will be brought over into MK Wii.
-There will be some items that can only be used by motorcycles and some that can only be used by traditional karts.
-The Ice Flower from Super Mario Galaxy is an item. It creates an icy trail in your path for a short amount of time that players can slip on.
-The POW Block is also an item.

OTHER:
-The Mission Mode from MKDS will make an appearance. There will also be boss fights. It will be shorter than it was in MKDS.
Shorter than in MKDS? That one wasn't long at all!
-Expect lots of unlockables, such as bonus music tracks for stages.
-Super Princess Peach will have some representation in the game; what exactly it is I do not know

Edit 4:

That Penguin doesn't look too good... What is the Pink thing on the map?

Almost 100 % certain now! 3 shells around your body is here!

Edit 5: The umbrella was not an item. It was built into the car. A few different cars here.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

There is a change that the drivers can change looks, at least PEach with clothes. She uses a dress in cars, but look: she uses tight sitting clothes when biking. I haven't noticed this on any other characters though.

Koopa Troopa is definate:

Ok, for a time here, we were going faster than the Brawl thread, but now it is going faster than us!

How much do you hype MKWii? Range: 1-200 Brawl is 100. I have to go at 113 I think.

The badass Mario Car is real. Upper left, I doubt they would do that multiple times-.

Edit: More tournaments confirmed? The two first are Mushroom Cup and Flower Cup. The next are almost certainly Star Cup and Special Cup. Then comes a shell and a banana - I don't know what those are. This also pretty much confirmes mirror mode, as there are 4 downwoards.

Whoa, intreresting fact about snaking. In earlier games, you remember that the spark first turned blue, then orange, right? In all the power boost pictures I've seen so far, there have only been blue sparks. No orange ones. Perhaps this means snaking is sort of gone, and that only the boost itself is gone? That it is now only a quick way to get past corners. Let's hope so.  

Oyvoyvoyv said:

@RPG_Fanatic

Thanks! But what are these?

They aren't regular toads. And for whoever asked if 3 shells going around your body would dissappear, here: This is also from RPG_Fanatics link.

This one was explained, but did anybody understand what it did`?

From What I heard, the mushroom is the mega-mushroom from NEW Super Mario Bros.

The lightning cloud gives you a spped burst for as long as you hold on to it. Hold on to it for to long and you get zapped by lightning. You can also give the cloud to other players.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Around the Network

Still no Toadette confirmation? :(

I've been looking for it, but can't find anything about Toadette.

Good info Oyvoyvoyv

Sweet pics. Also, I'm pretty Peach changes clothes on a bike because a dress wouldn't make much sense.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

wow, great update guys, keep the info coming. Man this game is gonna be great.

#1 WW seller for the year I think.

@weezy, it is coming out this year. Don't you dare jinx it!!!