By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart Wii Thread

This is an official thread for Mario Kart Wii, like we do with Brawl. It's best to have one thread so we don't have to deal with multiple topics cluttering up the forum.

Any discussion about the game, questions, news, etc can go here.

We can exchange friend codes and organize tournaments or casual play.

Welcome Mario Kart fans!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

omg, omg, omg, omg. I can not wait to get this game. 2008 is clearly Nintendo's year. A ton of great 1st party titles. This is head and shoulders above them all. Yes, I said it Ben. What cha goin' to do 'bout it?

I shudder to think of the months Europe will have to wait for this luxury. I can't wait to see an in game video of a race, the image of Wario's goldmine looked great.

OT: Why is the VGChartz time 5 hours behind my time? This is the only forum this is happening on, and it knows I'm from the UK =( I actually thought no one had posted for 5 hours at first as it's only a recent chance >_

In this one I'm gonna suck, different to Brawl. Are you guys gonna play with the wheel? I will :D

I'm going to be using GC controller once again, or my classic controller depends on which one I like best. I'm kinda iffy about the wheel, its just a plastic shell.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Wheel FTW. I think too many of you are resistant to change. I'm going in head's first. I bet the wheel will feel great.

@seriousWB, the server for this site is set to GMT timezone.

I imagine I'll use the wheel plenty. Well...maybe just the Wiimote....I don't think I'll be going out and buying the extra 3 wheels.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Do we know how much will cost the wheel? If it's cheap enough I'll get them all :)

Hell there's nothing special about it...can't be more than $10 if they sold it separately...the Zapper with a Zelda game is $20.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

BenKenobi88 said:
Hell there's nothing special about it...can't be more than $10 if they sold it separately...the Zapper with a Zelda game is $20.

Well, if Mario's holding a finished version, it looks like there's at least one moving part (the trigger on the backside to activate the B button).

I'll be using the wheel.  My wife can pick on me as much as she wants :)

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK